Author Topic: Arsis - We Are the Nightmare  (Read 2855 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Arsis - We Are the Nightmare
« on: Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 07:56:57 AM »
I've actually been listening to them a bit more as of late, and found out they have a new album coming out, kinda snuck up on me. It comes out mid next month, April 15th. Their myspace has a track on there, its actually the title track, We Are the Nightmare. Sounds pretty cool, check it out.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Arsis - We Are the Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »
Hmm... I think I'll have to wait to hear more this time.  I really wasn't that thrilled with United in Regret.  I think A Celebration of Guilt and A Diamond For Disease were supremely good stuff, but for some reason the last one just didn't do it for me.  There was some good stuff on it, especially the (I think) last two tracks, but overall it just didn't have the same impact as their previous entries.  I mean it isn't bad exactly, and there are still some good hooks in there... not really sure what it is.

Anyway, the track you posted about sounds pretty badass.  I'll definitely keep my ears open.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 01:59:40 AM »
The new track sounds good, hopefully their tour in April comes through here, I wouldn't mind seeing them.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 04:14:44 AM »
2 more tracks were put on that myspace page, Servants to the Night and Shattering the Spell. Yay.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 10:02:45 AM »
That's some pretty badass stuff.  I'm digging it... think I'm getting more excited about this coming out.  The one negative thing I still have to say is that I think the cover art is kind of lame.  I really liked the stuff they had that guy do for Guilt and Regret, but the new stuff is sort of generic looking.  Anyway, that's neither here nor there... all 3 songs they posted so far have been pretty kickass.  It gives me a lot more hope for the new album, sounds like it's going to be good shit.

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 12:36:12 PM »
I have a friend that is an intern for nuclear blast, and he passed along a promo copy of this cd. I've given it a couple of listens, and honestly, I'm not too impressed with it. It seems that their song writing has gone down to make way for more solos and things like that. I just don't think it really holds a candle to A Celebration of Guilt. It seems like they're buying more into the whole NWOAHM thing and moving away from their melodic death roots.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 03, 2008, 11:48:04 PM »
Well, I don't know if I share that opinion.  I picked this up a couple weeks ago and to be honest, I think I like it quite a bit better than United in Regret.  I agree it doesn't hold a candle to Celebration, but... that was a really unique album that would be difficult to top, especially with the frequency these guys have been putting out records.  A Diamond for Disease was pretty damned great, but that's more just like a top-off to Celebration in my mind.  After that they just seemed to want to put out more records.  I thought Regret was decent enough, but I really only felt a big connection to the last two songs on the album, whereas Nightmare is more enjoyable for me in general.  I don't really see any big standouts on the album, but it feels more competent to me.

I dunno'... I should really listen to it more.  But still, I like it pretty well thus far.  Definitely not Celebration 2, but still a solid entry.