Author Topic: Where the hell are you people?  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Where the hell are you people?
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »
God damn it.  How do you people find the time and energy for this stuff?  I swear, at this point all I can do in the evenings is crawl into bed and play with my DS for a half hour before passing out.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »
I just had Porchclimbers. We mixed a 26er of Gin, 26er of Vodka, 6 beers, 2 cans of Five Alive Concentrate and one can of Ice Tea concentrate. All this split between three people. It tastes like fruit juice and is almost 40% alcohol - this means it always leads to good times.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »
I almost vomited when you said gin, then again when you mentioned orange juice.  No thank you.  If you substituted in some Southern Comfort you'd have my trifecta of alcohol related no-nos all rolled into one drink.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »
I will never understand why you people find gin so offensive.  It's really quite a benign mixer that goes well with all kinds of stuff.  What's not to like?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 11:00:25 AM »
I recently mentioned somewhere that I found a recipe for a gin cocktail which is basically OJ & gin mix.  (WTF are orange bitters?)  Beefeater gin is the only real booze in the house now, so I was looking for a way to make it palatable.  Amazingly, the mix works.  I guess it must be like chili plus alka-seltzer.  They mellow each other out.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
Clearly posted it in the wrong thread...

I'm here still, but I spend most of my life offline. I finally succumbed to starting a blog so I can shout my thoughts at the internet. It's mostly political / social justice oriented, rather than personal bitching/whining. There is a great deal of bitching and whining, but aimed at Canada's ever-unraveling society.

But yeah, I've mostly vanished from forum-life. I just don't have the time anymore. Life takes up most of my life now... No time for the intertubes
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »
I haven't been around in a while. Sorry, but I've been busy trying to see if this writing thing can work out, starting a website with my step brother, and moving out of my house and being really fucking poor.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #47 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »
And why aren't you here entertaining me?  I demand answers.

B/c I'm boring, you get no entertainment and no answers.  :P

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 05:29:56 PM »
At least you're posting, which is more than the rest of us can claim the past 2 days.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #49 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »
The past 2 days I have been playing Assassins Creed. There is my excuse.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 12:16:59 AM »
I sprained my ankle.  The entire area between about midway down on my left calf and the second knuckle of all 5 toes is one giant bruise.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
Jeez, that sucks.  How'd you manage that?

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
Running over uneven ground in the rain at work.  On the plus side, I got a week off work, but I spent the first 5 days in bed since it hurt so badly.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
Pussy.

:-[

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »

That game is fun, until you realize there is no variation in the gameplay. But it sure is pretty to look at, and the fighting system is pretty fun once you get near end-game
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
Pussy.

:-[

Agreed, but considering it happened at work, there's no sense in hurrying the whole return process.  The doctor said stay off my feet for a week, I was compelled to oblige.  Today was my first day back at work. I liked laying around more.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »

I just picked this up today, I'm having fun with it so far.

I was playing through COD4 again this past week on the hardest setting. I put around 12 or so hours into it and enjoyed it again, though there are some portions on the hardest difficulty that are just frustrating as hell - particularly when you die and have no control over it.

Also I've been working full time and trying to socialize with people. So I've been busy. Kind of.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »
I did notice the repetitiveness of AC, but it really didn't bother me. I beat the game and did every "investigation" mission. Sure they were all the same things over and over, but I had so much fun running around the city that it didn't matter. The new PC only investigations were ok. I liked the archer assassination and the race ones. The merchant stand destruction ones kinda sucked because no matter what it got the attention of the guards. Oh well, cant win em all.

Also, those templars would show up in the worst places. "I just killed a pile of guards and now have 10 more actively searching for me, so I'm going to do my monk thing and slowly walk away and hide over th...fuck a templar!"

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »
Even though AC is a fairly repetitive game and the gameplay doesn't evolve, it's still really fun to play.  I sometimes feel like playing through it again.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 01, 2008, 08:34:31 AM »
I did notice the repetitiveness of AC, but it really didn't bother me. I beat the game and did every "investigation" mission. Sure they were all the same things over and over, but I had so much fun running around the city that it didn't matter. The new PC only investigations were ok. I liked the archer assassination and the race ones. The merchant stand destruction ones kinda sucked because no matter what it got the attention of the guards. Oh well, cant win em all.

Also, those templars would show up in the worst places. "I just killed a pile of guards and now have 10 more actively searching for me, so I'm going to do my monk thing and slowly walk away and hide over th...fuck a templar!"

The merchant stand destruction missions REQUIRE you to get the attention of the guards I thought... That's what I did with it and I passed those missions

I agree though, sometimes I just boot up the game to parkour around for a while. Climbing to the top of that huge church gives me vertigo on a big monitor
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 01, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »
I played AC way longer than I needed to, just because of that.  What you get to do is so much acrobatic fun that it doesn't matter that there's little else to do.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 01, 2008, 09:15:30 AM »
I'm actually on the other side of the fence now.  I'm obscenely bored with the game and find it very hard to play.  I think the game is brilliant on many levels, but I think I have to more or less side with the critics now.  I've tried to get enough momentum going to finish it, but the game just bores the crap out of me.  It's a great playground, and would be amazing if it just had more combat depth and mission variety.  Then it would be as good a game as it should have been.  That doesn't detract from all the amazing things they did do, though.  I still think the way they built the world was fantastic, and seeing Jerusalem from a distance for the first time and the first time I walked into Damascus rank as some of my most memorable gaming moments ever.