Author Topic: Where the hell are you people?  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Where the hell are you people?
« on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 12:10:11 AM »
And why aren't you here entertaining me?  I demand answers.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Where the hell are you people?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 03:20:04 AM »
I apologize.. I've been mostly hounding the Gaming forums and neglecting the General Discussion board.. and all the other boards.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 06:59:25 AM »
I was just staring at two squirrels having sex. And it wasn't your gentle animal sex, they were rough - tumbling around and stuff.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 08:29:53 AM »
I found a good bootleg site and have been busy rocking out.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 08:54:14 AM »
I've been reading Desolation Jones. Sweet ass book.

And I'm really digging J.H Williams art work.

check this out.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 09:30:08 AM by ScaryTooth »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 09:06:52 AM »
Thanks for the links.  The book sounds intriguing... might have to hit my comic shop up for it.  Been a while since I've picked up a good graphic novel.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »
Nobody is ever here anymore, so I've been elsewhere.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »
I've been having modem troubles.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »
Plus it's summer. So I've been spending a lot of time outside.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »
I was horizontal at the time, probably unconscious (in a good way).

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 09:07:07 AM »
well my life has been a little interesting as of late. as i said before, i was living at home because of my pedo housemate. after a night out (the champions league final), i came home very drunk and put the tv on. my dad stormed into my room and demaded that i turn the tv off and stated that i was treating the place like a hotel, so i threw a few sentiments his way which resulted in him threatening to kick the shit out of me. i suggested he give it a try, which ended up with me breaking a chair on him, kneeling on his face and insulting him until he cried. i got the fuck out of the house and promptly got arrested for assault.

so yeah, i'm living back at the flat with psycho - where we currently have no internet access. he's gone completely off of the rails on mdma and coke and is high pretty much every night of the week. he's also suicidal and utterly mental. he slit his wrists the other day spraying blood all over our bathroom and up one of our hallway walls. unfortunately he didn't kill himself, he just made a real mess of the place. understandably no-one wants to hang out with him at the moment, so he keeps trying to infiltrate my social life, which doesn't really work since pretty much all of my friends thought he was a dick even before all of this. i also managed to lose my house keys, which means i have to rely on my housemate to be awake/around when i want to get back in after nights out - which is difficult because he holds it against me that me and my friends wish he would quitely die and leave us all alone (either that or sort himself out - but that's even less likely). i feel for the guy, but some of the shit he's doing is getting pretty unforgivable.

other than that, having a strong desire to be out of the flat for as many hours of the day as possible, along with the lack of internet access have forced me into becoming a bit of a socialite. i've been drinking a lot (i mean a lot more than usual) and been catching up with a lot of old friends. i even got in a pub brawl recently - something i haven't done for ages. ended up chipping a tooth and gouging a lump out of the inside of my lip, giving me the ability to spit blood at will, which in my drunken stupor seemed nearly as cool as breathing fire. also, my sex life is the best it's ever been, which while not something you need to know, i take a great ammount of pleasure in writing. there's something about having your life turn into a big, steaming pile of shit that really makes you relish fucking the living shit out of someone.

but yes, from my frequent visits to macdonalds to rinse their free internet for torrents, i've briefly popped by and noticed this place is pretty quiet.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »
Holy fucking shit.

Looking at the bright side, that should entertain Que nicely.  There's more drama there than in  your average miniseries.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 12:10:41 PM »
I moved two weeks ago and the only thing that didn't survive it was my PC.  I ordered 400 bucks worth of parts over the weekend and am hoping to rectify the situation soon enough.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
Hooray for entertainment!

And that sucks K-Man.  I hate moving, but I've never lost a PC over it.  That would probably send me over the edge.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 12:27:06 AM »
I am stuck with some stuff... came back to talk about George Carlin for a touch. I probably won't be back for another year. Whee.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 01:15:06 AM »
I probably won't be back for another year. Whee.
Wait, what?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 07:24:53 AM »
I am stuck with some stuff... came back to talk about George Carlin for a touch. I probably won't be back for another year. Whee.
I know you still lurk... why don't you post?  Someday you'll have to let us know what's up.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 07:28:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Pug and Raisa got married and moved to super mystery island where no one knows what the fuck is going on.

At least, that's my theory.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 02:00:04 PM »
Hooray for entertainment!

And that sucks K-Man.  I hate moving, but I've never lost a PC over it.  That would probably send me over the edge.

I'd feel better about it if I knew exactly how it happened.  Handled it with kid gloves the whole time while I was moving.  Got down here, connected everything, plugged in the power supply, flip the switch on power supply, PC turns on  :o

Yeah, obviously that's not supposed to happen.  You flip the switch ont he power supply and the motherboard lights up and the fans come on..nothing else.  I guess somehow it just fried.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »
Try reseating everything?

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
am here... sometimes.. not married but quite soon!!
Taken.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »
I always thought scary would be the next one to get married

Offline KontrollerX

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 06, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
I've been following the story about Beo's crazy roomate for a while.

Pretty crazy stuff.  :P

Sounds like the kind of guy who'd get a needle in the neck from Dexter and wake up covered in plastic.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 06, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
Dexter is such a great show. I'm on the last season of Six Feet Under right now. The contrast in Michael C. Hall's character is great.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 06, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »
well my life has been a little interesting as of late. as i said before, i was living at home because of my pedo housemate. after a night out (the champions league final), i came home very drunk and put the tv on. my dad stormed into my room and demaded that i turn the tv off and stated that i was treating the place like a hotel, so i threw a few sentiments his way which resulted in him threatening to kick the shit out of me. i suggested he give it a try, which ended up with me breaking a chair on him, kneeling on his face and insulting him until he cried. i got the fuck out of the house and promptly got arrested for assault.

so yeah, i'm living back at the flat with psycho - where we currently have no internet access. he's gone completely off of the rails on mdma and coke and is high pretty much every night of the week. he's also suicidal and utterly mental. he slit his wrists the other day spraying blood all over our bathroom and up one of our hallway walls. unfortunately he didn't kill himself, he just made a real mess of the place. understandably no-one wants to hang out with him at the moment, so he keeps trying to infiltrate my social life, which doesn't really work since pretty much all of my friends thought he was a dick even before all of this. i also managed to lose my house keys, which means i have to rely on my housemate to be awake/around when i want to get back in after nights out - which is difficult because he holds it against me that me and my friends wish he would quitely die and leave us all alone (either that or sort himself out - but that's even less likely). i feel for the guy, but some of the shit he's doing is getting pretty unforgivable.

other than that, having a strong desire to be out of the flat for as many hours of the day as possible, along with the lack of internet access have forced me into becoming a bit of a socialite. i've been drinking a lot (i mean a lot more than usual) and been catching up with a lot of old friends. i even got in a pub brawl recently - something i haven't done for ages. ended up chipping a tooth and gouging a lump out of the inside of my lip, giving me the ability to spit blood at will, which in my drunken stupor seemed nearly as cool as breathing fire. also, my sex life is the best it's ever been, which while not something you need to know, i take a great ammount of pleasure in writing. there's something about having your life turn into a big, steaming pile of shit that really makes you relish fucking the living shit out of someone.

but yes, from my frequent visits to macdonalds to rinse their free internet for torrents, i've briefly popped by and noticed this place is pretty quiet.

Holy fucking shit!

Um, are you cool with your dad now?

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 08, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »
not exactly. my dad always used to threaten me, and hit me a few times when i lived at home full time. i used to put up with it for the most part, because i didn't really have any other options. this time i went ape shit crazy, because fuck it - he might be my father, but he's acted like a complete dick towards me over the years and i'm old enough that i don't have to put up with it anymore.

my mum has problems with him too, and my older brothers had similar relationships with my dad when they were younger - it's just the way he is. thankfully though, since the above mentioned incident, he's realised that maybe it's him who has the problem and has started seeing a councellor. he's actually tried to sort things out with me, but i don't think i'm ready to put all his shit behind me just yet.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »
Doing 50/90, and so should you be, Que.
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
Shit, with my life right now?  Not a chance.  I wish.  And if I even tried to attempt it I'd probably keel over after smoking 3 packs of cigarettes in a week.  I did see the email a bit ago and I wish I could participate, but even if I wanted to, this is the worst year ever for creative inspiration.  I've been creatively dead up until Friday, when I finally wrote a new poem after quite some time writing next to nothing.

Good luck with it, though.  I'll have to pop over and hear some of your stuff.  I should probably get on the forums and expose myself to musical goodness, too.  I haven't picked up my guitar in a couple of months.  It hurts me to think about it.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 12:59:59 AM »
mmmm married now.
Taken.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 07:00:59 AM »
Congratulations!  I hope you're giddy-happy.   :)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 07:33:54 AM »
Congrats Raisa! I hope your wedding went well.  :-*

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 08:17:04 AM »
Congratulations raisa!

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »
That's a pretty good excuse for not being around

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »
Aww, now she can have little political assassin babies!

Also, are you serious?  Because I totally couldn't tell before if you were joking about it or not.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 03:55:27 AM »
political assassin babies?  hahahaha

thanks guys.. yes.. it's quite true.  I'm still getting used to the idea myself.
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 06:48:43 AM »
Well congratulations, then.  May the two of you be very happy together.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 06:49:12 AM »
pics pls

Offline ender

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 02:37:50 PM »
You know, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 06:51:07 PM »
A little bit of depriving us entirely of your presence?  We wondered if you fell into oblivion never to return!  Glad to see that isn't the case.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »
Congrats, Raisa!

Also, yeah,50/90 is tough. So far I'm up to 7. The Latex Heart Attack have made an appearance, as will new fake-band Berlin Beckons.
|