Author Topic: The Currently Playing Thread / Recently Finished Thread  (Read 251555 times)

Offline ren

• Veteran
Re: The Currently Playing Thread
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, January 01, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »
I recently played Metroid Prime III on Wii for a few hours so now I'm going through Metroid Prime again. Easily one of the greatest games ever made.

Also going through Quake for the first time. Blasphemy, I know. I'm only a few levels in but this game is just so...badass. It's mostly the sound that does it for me. The screams of the soldiers and the dogs and the sound of the weapons are just so unforgiving.

As for Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. I rented it and played it for a few hours. It got tedious though, just more of the same so it was never worth a rental. Time went by quickly when I was playing it but I couldn't say I was enjoying myself.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, January 02, 2008, 12:10:36 AM »
Julia and Pyro are going to kill you in your sleep for that last comment.  As for your other two... I concur.  Good stuff.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, January 02, 2008, 04:09:47 AM »
Theres been a number of people here that really show some distaste for the game. I'm not sure why... I didnt find it tedious at all. I loved every second of it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 07:38:41 PM »
F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point (Expansion Pack).
I'm on Interval 3 and so far, its action has been really damn good.

The new mini-gun is pretty sweet.

I wish there more to the story and all, though....

Basically, it reminds me of HL2: Ep One in story, in a sense -- basically, you're just trying to get the hell out of the newly destroyed area.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »
I just beat The Darkness for the almost third time (I didn't quite make it to the end on my 2nd run because it was right after the first).  Truly, this is one of the best FPS games ever made.  I honestly can't believe it didn't garner more praise for all the things it did right.  My old review is still floating around in our site-related forum somewhere, used as a template to talk about some things.  The story and movement of the thing are just fucking perfect, and the whole ending area is one of the most potent and mind-blowing things I've ever experienced in an FPS.  It could use a little tweaking in a few spots, but this game deserved a PC port and a hell of a lot more attention.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 09:11:14 PM »
I would so jump for joy if The Darkness came to the PC...

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »
Yeah, I'd love a PC port of The Darkness.

I'm currently playing through Psychonauts again, and probably liking it even more than I did the first time.  I'm noticing all sorts of little things I don't think I really did before.  I'm also playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance a bit, but might hold off finishing it until I get a new card.  Mainly because the 'next gen' graphics have grown on me and don't run so well right now, but also because it's the type of game that gets a bit tedious after a while.

Beyond that, I've just fired up Shining Force II and I might play through that on Gens+.  Fuck, they really need a new Shining Force game like the old ones; none of this action-rpg garbage.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »
I'm fighting this ridiculous Yiazmat boss in FF XII, and I mean right now.  I've automated as much as possible, because this is going to take hours.  It has like 50 HP lines, and each one is taking a good 5-10 minutes to deplete.  I've beaten the game, so FAQs are fair game now.  I missed a ton of stuff, and I've been chasing it down.  One thing I read is that I can leave this guy behind, save, and come back later. I already did tat once, and I'm about to do it again.  I'm all for a challenge, but this is more an exercise in boot-camp-like endurance than skill.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »
Heh, I haven't gotten to him yet, but I'm kinda' looking forward to it.  That'll probably be a few months from now, depending.  I've taken so long with the game who knows when I'll ever beat it.  Part of me doesn't want it to end.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »
Playing Mass Effect (level 37 now I think), Mario Galaxy (finished the game, just going back to get all the remaining stars), World of Warcraft (raid Tues-Thurs), Crysis (don't know how far, but I've put in about 6-7 hours into it).

Games that I haven't played in a while, but are on the list to finish: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Bioshock

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #210 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »
Kinda missed this thread :)

I am currently playing:

The Experiment (a.k.a. 112 Experience), a unique puzzle/mystery game where you look into the game through security cameras and try to help a woman geth through obstacles and uncover clues.

GRAW2, which more interesting than the original GRAW, has all the things the fans have been asking for (more weapon choices, better HUD, etc.) but feels "cheap." It seems like they really payed attention to the fans but went with faster, second-rate graphics and interface design.

Still playing Oblivion too, of course!

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #211 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »
Playing a lot of:

Capcom vs SNK 2
Tekken 5
Tekken Dark Resurrection for PSP
Just finished God of War 2

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 01:36:43 PM »
Heh, I haven't gotten to him yet, but I'm kinda' looking forward to it.  That'll probably be a few months from now, depending.  I've taken so long with the game who knows when I'll ever beat it.  Part of me doesn't want it to end.

The sudden and complete ending was a letdown.  Not the ending itself, which was your typical Square big boss fight and lots of pretty cutscenes and FMV, but the fact that it was all over.  I got used to coming to this world every day or two, exploring, discovering and getting better.  This freaking side boss I'm tackling now, though, is just there to see how much they can piss you off.  Are you really so obstinate that you're going to spend 8 hours of your life whittling away at something with 100 times the health and endurance anything has a right or reason to have in any game?  I quit after I got about a third of the way done, and saved.  I can go back and continue where I left off.  I dread the prospect.

Aside from FF XII, I'm still heavily into Burnout Paradise, even though I've done absolutely everything there is to be done without going online--which I can't do (apparently because of my ISP, but I'm not convinced).  Here's another case of a world and set of activities I just don't want to leave behind.  Driving all over like a maniac is too entertaining.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #213 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
Kinda missed this thread :)

I am currently playing:

The Experiment (a.k.a. 112 Experience), a unique puzzle/mystery game where you look into the game through security cameras and try to help a woman geth through obstacles and uncover clues.
Interesting....

GRAW2, which more interesting than the original GRAW, has all the things the fans have been asking for (more weapon choices, better HUD, etc.) but feels "cheap." It seems like they really payed attention to the fans but went with faster, second-rate graphics and interface design.
I ain't finished GRAW1, but recently got GRAW2 cheap from Gogamer. :)

I do look forward to GRAW2, once I get by GRAW1....

Still playing Oblivion too, of course!
I need to finish Shivering Isles...

EDIT, March 4, 2008:
Finished FEAR: Extraction Point. Liked it, but it still was not as good as the original FEAR -- especially storyline-wise and all.

Started FEAR: Perseus Mandate today. This one, so far, seems to have less story than Extraction.... *Scratches head*
And less of those spooky moments FEAR games usually has....
*scratches head some more*

« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 04:47:51 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 08:36:24 PM »
Started FEAR: Perseus Mandate today. This one, so far, seems to have less story than Extraction.... *Scratches head*
And less of those spooky moments FEAR games usually has....
*scratches head some more*

Not to mention worse graphics. Somehow Perseus Mandate looks horrible. They've removed specular lighting for some odd reason.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, March 08, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »
I finished FEAR: Perseus Mandate last night.

Perseus was decent -- not b/c of the story really, but b/c all of the shootouts and all of the weapons are awesome on that damn engine. The shooting mechanics in all of them FEAR games are just awesome and intense.

Perseus sure wasn't as good as FEAR: Extraction, nevermind FEAR: Original.
Perseus was nowhere as good as FEAR: Original was.

Of course, FEAR: Original was the best of the games, so far.

Regardless, all this FEAR here, it got me really craving that Project Origin now...

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, March 08, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »
Finished God of War: Chain of Olympus.  Trying to finish up Jeann D'arc, finished up Me and My Katamari, can't get into Disgaea at all, sadly...Waiting on Smash Brothers later tonight.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, March 09, 2008, 01:26:08 AM »
Just finished GRAW2. It was meh, although better than GRAW1. Apparently everyone (especially Gamespot) have stated that GRAW2 is a very unforgivingly difficult game compared to GRAW1, but I found it soooooo much easier than GRAW1. I was playing on Normal difficulty and it was pretty straightforward; less eagle-eyed tangos than GRAW1 definitely.

Just reinstalled Crysis, updated with the new patch (~360MB) and the game's running a little smoother.

I also reinstalled Gears of War.

Those two games are gonna always be on my system from now on. Along with UT3.

On the adventure/mystery side I'm goign through Sam & Max Season 1, just reached the second episode.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, March 09, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
I've been playing Silverfall (Original) again, which I do like quite a bit. It's just, yeah -- it's a fun, yet sometimes tough (even on Normal Diffuculty!) hack-n-slash RPG that has a little more thought to it on some quests compared to other hack-n-slash RPG's b/c you often have to decide between helping out technology or nature, in most quests.

Especially playing it since I'm Level 40+, and since I put down my order for the Silverfall: Earth Awakening stand-alone expansion ( UK English Import) Gogamer has on sale for $20.

Silverfall: EA is out in the UK already.
Has not been released in the US yet; I don't think they have a publisher here in the US yet.

EDIT -- March 13, 2008:
Been playing Far Cry (PC), past few days.
Finally finished it.
YAY!!!

Great shooter, yes.

But still not a fan of their all-over-the-place checkpoint save system -- sometimes it feels like it takes too long to get a save....
...yet other times it feels like they come too quickly and/or with very bad timing, when you're getting damaged and you'll wind up w/ a checkpoint w/ bad health).
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 13, 2008, 08:18:07 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »
Currently playing Culpa Innata.

The story is so far excellent. And yes, so is the dialogue and the voice-acting.

The puzzles so far have not been really super-hard or super-illogical. Most of them are easy or moderate, so far.

We need more adventure games -- especially ones that are this good.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 10:06:52 AM »
I picked up Folklore for my PS3 a couple of days ago and have been playing through that, pretty cool so far.  When I'm not playing my PS3, I'm playing Tabula Rasa.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 10:16:24 AM »
I'd love to be playing Folklore, but it hates SDTVs.  Squishes the aspect ratio and looks fucking stupid.  Burnout Paradise on the other hand looks great, so I've been playing the hell out of that, along with Uncharted which scales properly as well and looks bloody amazing.  I was doing great with God of War: Chains of Olympus on PSP until I got to a boss I can't figure out how to beat, so I put that on the back burner and have mostly been playing Professor Layton on the portable side.  I also picked up Condemned: Criminal Origins for 360 (I had it before on PC, but for some reason thought I'd try the console version) and have been playing through that again in preparation for Condemned 2 which I have preordered for PS3.  I can't wait for that one, and the original is still pretty awesome.  The models look a lot more primitive than I remember (amazing how far we've come even since the 360's launch), but the game is still something really special I think.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 04:24:37 PM »
Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion).

ISSUES
Well, I'm "trying" to play it....

Here's the problems:
--Anytime I try to entire the new area in the game, whether it's w/ a brand-new character or an imported character, the game CTD's every freakin' time.
(Thinking I might have to reinstall, thinking some in-game map area might not have copies from disc to PC; which is a common issue I luckily didn't run into w/ the original Silverfall game.)
--And anytime I try to pick-up the game w/ an existing character after it CTD'd when trying to enter that area before-hand, the game will CTD.

New Technical Features
Okay, let me talk about what I did get to play and check out, which is before the new area I can't get into. I'm gonna talk about the complete overhaul of everything -- Interface, Camera, Inventory, everything.

The game finally got customizable controls now!
(You could not customize any controls in the original Silverfall game).

Game camera is now FULLY unlocked a la NWN games -- and you have an entire set of controls you can customize for all kinds of stuff! Excellent.

The Mini-Map Box, Left Click Action Toolbar, Right Click Action Toolbar, Health-Power Bars Box, and Companion Boxes are no longer locked into place on-screen. These are now in-game windows, which can be manipulated to sit ANYWHERE on the screen; wherever you want to put it. Wicked cool.

Inventory is now split up by types. No more messy inventory of different items all over the place, w/out some sort of Auto-Sort Option. You can sort by your Inventory by Armor, Weapons, Miscellaneous, and Materials (for Crafting).

Journal is much easier to read w/ a much smaller and nicer font; quests can be sorted even further than before. You can now even sort quests by even their Location (of where you actually got them from).

NPC's in the gameworld had icons overheard in the original to often symbolize a quest-giver or whatever. It goes further. There's even some to symbolize if they are Merchant, NPC That Can Join Your Party, etc etc.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »
I am in the middle of Bioshock. I love the damn game. Much of the internet backlash is undeserved.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 02:48:34 AM »
I am in the middle of Bioshock. I love the damn game. Much of the internet backlash is undeserved.
Internet backlash?? Really? I thought the world unanimously loved Bioshock!

The only complaint I remember was about the lack of a sniper rifle. That complaint was shot down quickly with the crossbow.

I liked Bioshock a lot, but not as much as Crysis.. I'm more of an outdoorsy type I suppose.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 03:29:53 AM »
Well the critics loved it, but not teh internet fans.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »
I wouldn't say that.  The game sold quite well.  Just because some dipshits on the internet complained doesn't mean anything.  They do that for everything that isn't Halo.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 05:34:19 AM »
Yea I know that is true for every other game, but for even the best games you can find a split crowd. I'd say for Bioshock an alarming percentage of people seem to hate the game. It is almost at Black & White levels, and seems to be coming outside of the Halo crowd.

I've found the amount of hate to be a touch frustrating to be honest. I've noticed it on the forums of PC gamer, 1Up, Gamespot, IGN and even Anandtech. It could have something to do the Yahtzee video, which people took very seriously, as if sharing that opinion made them more intelligent.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock1

A few weeks ago, I thought I was imagining the hate, until Chris Remo mentioned on his shacknews podcast how he had been noticing a weird Bioshock backlash.

Then I started coming across stuff like the following quite regularly.

Eurogamer lashes the Bioshock backlash.

So yes. I think it may have to do with the near perfect scores the game received (which were probably a bit too high). For what its worth, I did find that Bioshock was essentially System Shock 2 in terms of mechanics, but I didn't understand why that detracted from Bioshock in the eyes of so many.

It wasn't as if SS2 had been released recently, or that those mechanics had been overused. So Irrational built on an earlier successful model, so what?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 06:01:00 AM »
But wasn't Yahtzee's video kinda praising Bioshock? And as Yahtzee said he "learned from his Psychonauts review" that people don't react very well to very positive reviews, at least to his reviews being positive :P

I can understand if someone takes issue to a game due to technical problems, but if it's over the art style it's not really an argument; you either like it or you don't. For example, I really liked the art style of Okami but my brother didn't, yet we both agreed that it is a technically superb game.

Anyway, on to my "currently playing" scene:

I generally dislike MMO's, but I'm trying to expose myself a bit more to the MMO culture. Since Flyff doesn't seem to work in my region (they won't let me register an account since "they cannot provide service to [my] region" even though I can download the installer) I have turned to Fiesta by Outspark. It's looking quite decent so far. Monotonous like all MMORPG's, yet I'm pushing through.

Tales of Pirates also seems quite decent. Funky art style, but I had some difficulty connecting to a good server.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 07:21:24 AM »
But wasn't Yahtzee's video kinda praising Bioshock? And as Yahtzee said he "learned from his Psychonauts review" that people don't react very well to very positive reviews, at least to his reviews being positive :P
Yes, Yahtze did state at the beginning that Bioshock was one of the best games of the year, despite its similar-ness to SS2 -- and then went on to complain about the game (like he always does w/ every game; even games he loves he does this with).

I can understand if someone takes issue to a game due to technical problems, but if it's over the art style it's not really an argument; you either like it or you don't. For example, I really liked the art style of Okami but my brother didn't, yet we both agreed that it is a technically superb game.

I thought a lot of Bioshock's issues w/ people was not the game itself, but namely the damn Securom Internet crap that came w/ a SP-Only product w/ a limited number of installs allowed.

Also, some people didn't really care for the last 3rd of the game. I did like that last 3rd, though. To each his/her own

Bioshock talk...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 11:53:09 AM »
I don't understand hate for Bioshock, at all.  I understand that someone may not like the genre, or even any computer games, but that's not the crowd you referred to, I'm sure.  I don't believe it's hate in an absolute sense.  I think it's disappointment because it didn't come from God Himself, as the hype and their own imaginations led them to believe it would.  Compared to God, Levine sucks, even Carmack sucks.  If it really is hate, I have no respect for them.  Hate is an intense destructive impulse, and nothing about Bioshock deserves that.  Babies throwing tantrums over dashed fairy tales need to grow up one hell of a lot.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »
Babies throwing tantrums over dashed fairy tales

Also known as The Internet.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »
Yea I think the internet either "hates" or "loves" a game. I am sure they don't mean hate, even when they say they do, like you say. All the negativity was pretty amazing, and I just stopped trying to defend the game.

But most of the words from the haters were "disgusting", "consolized", "retarded dumb"... etc. A few editors apparently got frustrated into some forum wars heh. I'd say it was elitism, but I can't believe all of these complainers were old enough to appreciate System Shock 2.

Anyway do read that article from Eurogamer. It basically covers all of the "hate". I haven't read it completely, because I am still playing the game.

Which ummm.... is what I am currently playing. :P

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »
My complaints about Bioshock are well-documented here.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
Pug, those sound like my complaints on Deus Ex IW! hehe

I had no quarrels with Bioshock, I think it's a work of art. That said, the only two issues I had were 1) the online registration and install limit, and 2) the widescreen cropping. Both of which I believe have been addressed or will be.

I recall reading a crapload of "hate" for R6 Vegas on the R6 forums.. While such online rage was well deserving of Lockdown, Ubisoft actually did a decent job with Vegas.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 11:39:26 PM »
Internet backlash is usually pretty stupid. Its just a bandwagon for people to jump on. I remember when people thought Doom 3 was a good game. Not "OMG GOTY!" but certainly not a bad game. Then the backlash came and suddenly its the worst game ever made.

Heh, someone recently on IGN made the dumbest post. First stating Doom 3 was nothing like the original Doom games (which if it was, people would have complained that it was more of the same). Then later in the same post said the enemies were lame and designed by a 13 year old. "A skeleton with a rocket launcher on its back, hur hur" or something like that. Hmm...skeletons with rocket launchers on their back were in the original Doom! Which is what you wanted Doom 3 to be more like! Right?!

Same thing happened to Tomb Raider. First game was fantastic, and while the later games were progressively worse and probably deserved the criticism, no one would ever admit to liking the first game.

Oh, and Myst. Remember when Myst was cool?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 11:43:12 PM »
Exactly, those do sound like out complaints of IW. Except where Bioshock sacrificed on some of the complexity, it added a lot of gorgeous art and atmosphere.

BTW much of the Deus Ex mechanics were based on SS2. Except SS2 was a very good game, and Deus Ex was simply a classic.

I recall reading a crapload of "hate" for R6 Vegas on the R6 forums.. While such online rage was well deserving of Lockdown, Ubisoft actually did a decent job with Vegas.

Yea I have to say, PC games fans are the bitchiest fans. Well, at least when cross platform titles are concerned.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 12:26:31 AM »
I finished The Darkness on normal difficulty, and immediately started a new game on easy.  I want to pay more attention to the story and to things I missed the first time through.  I like this game enough to try hard mode later on.  It's very well put together.  Both the shooter and dark-powers aspects are excellent.  The only things marring it are some issues with the creeping dark power (which I used about 5 times more than anything else).  My biggest problem with it is getting disoriented.  It can go sideways on walls and upside down on ceilings.  Some surfaces make it pirouette all over the place, and I end up not knowing what I'm facing or at what orientation.  Fortunately, I can just back out at that point, which triggers this unreal fast animation that traces your whole creeping route in reverse.  I love it.  Another issue is that it will occasionally get stuck, or can't climb over some objects like boxes and dead bodies.  It can scale walls and go through windows, but it can't go over a corpse.  Bah.  Then there's the context-sensitive issue.  Particularly in the ancestor scenario, the creeping dark often won't make heart devouring available unless you're at just the right distance from your kill.  Too far away makes sense.  Too close does not.

Nitpicking, that is all.  The game is glorious, or would that be anti-glorious?  I highly recommend it, and I thank Que for his recommendation.  It sat on my shelf since late last year, and it was high time I got into it.  It also spawned my interest in the whole story of The Darkness, so I'm now also working my way through Volume 1 of the comics.  I'm through Issue #4.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #238 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 01:35:47 AM »
Very glad to hear that it grabbed you the same way it did me.  I know Pyro liked it quite a bit as well.  I think it was really underappreciated.  There were definitely a few flaws, such as some of the creeping dark issues and somewhat funky darkling AI, but those were to me very minor problems in the grand scheme of things.  I've played the game nearly 3 times through, which is quite a lot for me in such a short time.

And I again must thank you for your Burnout Paradise recommendation, Cobra.  I picked up a router today and got it set up, so I was playing it a bit online just to get my competitive juices flowing, and then I stayed up until a half hour past my bedtime (which is now... 1:30) trying to get my stunt run scores higher offline.  I'm pretty freaking far from the Millionaires Club, but I did manage to break I think 130k or so, which I was proud of.  It's all about getting the right car, finding the right stretch of road, and then running one bigass chain... I love it!  It's so addictive.  A little frustrating if you don't know an area as well and can't find good stunts, or if they're tricky to run between.  My favorite so far is starting up on that high point where you can drop down 3 cliff faces onto a road below, then 3 more almost right away off another road, then hit those train tracks and do jumps along there until boosting for the several bigger jumps that bump the multiplier.  It'd be better if there were some billboards to get the multiplier up, but there's so much other stuff it's hard to complain.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #239 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 02:31:22 AM »
Your playing online with your 360!! Dude we need to play!