Author Topic: Orange cat curse  (Read 20007 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Orange cat curse
« on: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 10:38:39 PM »
The 3 orange cats we saved that someone just dumped off on our road seem to be cursed. First, Rufus all of a sudden loast his balance completely. Stumble around, fall over a lot. Seems to be something that can happen to cats. Its never happened to any of ours before (and we've had a lot of cats). Anyway, he has gotten over it mostly. Still stumbles when he shakes his head and he always has a slight tilt when he looks at you.

Then his sister developed the same problem. She didnt have it so rough (Rufus was scared to go outside for a long time when he was dizzy, Claudene doesnt care and goes in and out like normal). While it seems like shes recovered, its not as well as Rufus. She has a real tilt to her head now.

Now the 3rd cat, James. He didnt get the problem of the other 2. The other day I was out picking eggs and I heard a meow. Normally the cats dont just meow when you walk by at a distance, so I knew something was up. Took me a minute to find him. He was in the window well, and the cover had fallen. Just blocked the path out, I thought. I moved the cover and he didnt jump out. Strange...

Well, turns out he wasnt able to stand on one of his rear legs. He was stuck because he couldnt jump out on his own. So I brought him in and fed him (boy he ate a lot...and he wasnt even in there that long. overnight maybe). Took him to the vet and we find out he broke his hip. The bad news is theres really nothing they can do about it. We have to keep him fairly confined for about 4 weeks so he can lay down and heal as best he can. We had a cat a while ago that dislocated his leg when he was caught in a trap. The vets couldnt fix it but that cat healed up and could run as fast as the rest even with his leg like that. So we have hope for him.

But man...these guys are cursed.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Orange cat curse
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 12:02:27 AM »
Those are possibly the coolest cat names ever.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 12:18:24 AM »
I can't say I like Claudene just because "Claudine" is one of my coworkers.  And she's fucking annoying.  But I'm sure I'd like the cat version.

Anyway, poor kitties.  That's some bad luck.  Hope they all win the lotto or something soon.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 01:29:36 AM »
Damn, poor cats.  I agree with GPW, those are awesome names for cats.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 01:35:46 AM »
And now you know why they got dumped.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 01:50:51 AM »
Haha, man those poor things! It's sad and funny :P I remember when I was working with "Feline Friends" (a cat rescue organization) we saw a bunch of weird, sad, and funny cases with cats. I love 'em :) They're beautiful creatures!

I love all animals (except pigs, I hate pigs), but I seem to have a unique affinity to cats.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 05:24:36 AM »
I wonder if the balance thing was some sort of illness they had.

In response to Xessive, I do not like cats.  At all.  I never liked them much, but I really started hating them when I was dating Diana.  She had the most viscious cat ever.  The first day I ever went over her apartment, it would seriously attack my arms and hands.  Like latch one with its claws, bite my knuckles, and rake its back claws against my forearm.  I was bleeding all over the place.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »
Yeah, the balance this is an illness. I looked it up but forget what it was now. They arent really sure what causes it...but I think the "its genetic" thing has some strength to it.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »
I strongly believe that a cat's reflection is 90% based on its master. That girlfriend of yours must have been a real man hurter.

I've had many cats in my life, as have my family members. Once when my dad was living alone back in KSA while my family was away to vist a sick relative, he was left alone with a 1 month old kitten that he had to train on his own basically.

The kitten's name was Felix, and basically when my mum, sis and bro. got back home, it had turned into a little fucking demon. For the lack of a better word, the best way to describe my father's sense of fun is naughty. He would slightly pull at the cat's tail (nothing painfull) to get it's attention, and then would take part in 1 one 1 combat where the kitten would be doing battle with his hand. He never hurt the kitty, but all this made Felix really naughty.

When my family came back the state of Felix was such that he'd climb to the top of the fridge and then would jump on the back some unsuspecting person's neck. He never used claws, but it was dangerous. He would also kill pigeons and bring them back to the house to share his contribution, and would climb to the top of cupboards and just pounce on our poor guests.

Once there was a bird which had built a nest on a window near the top of the building. Felix spotted the baby chicks in the nest from below and thought long and hard. He then ran up the stairs to the top, where he jumped to the net behind the window and kept hitting till the baby chicks fell. He proceeded to run downstairs where he had a tasty meal. Poor baby chicks. :( Our neighbors saw everything and didn't do anything to stop him.

Felix was one crazy cat, and my siblings loved him. Unfortunately he was hit by a car and died when he wasn't even a year old. He was a lean black cat with white mitten like hands. He also had really bushy tail and it was sad when he died.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »
Haha I love cats :P Sorry about your arm Scott!

Cats (just like people) have varying personalities. Some are mean, some adorable, some are chill cats. They're all li'l rascals :D

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »
MEGA REZZURECTION!!!

Let's dedicate a cat thread :P

I'm not a fan of Pokémon but this is adorable:

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 02:52:17 AM »
Man I read Idols whole story about his cats thinking it was happening recently then saw that the thread is over 5 years old. Damn we've been around for awhile.

Also the cat thread is here.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 03:37:11 AM »
Man I read Idols whole story about his cats thinking it was happening recently then saw that the thread is over 5 years old. Damn we've been around for awhile.

Also the cat thread is here.
Ah thanks Pyro, haha I can't resist resurrecting ancient threads, reminiscing our old tales and reconnecting with my old posts.

Man, I go through old posts and see how much we've all changed. Helps put things in perspective.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 08:17:23 AM »
Heh, funny timing on this bump. Rufus and Claude are going fine, mostly over the dizziness. The only thing you'd notice is Claude keeps her head cocked to the side. Its kinda cute. Sadly James died not terribly long after I made this thread. We don't know what had happened. His hip healed up ok, but then we just found him dead one day. I suspect he was poisoned or got into something bad.

And this morning my oldest cat died. She was like 20 years old. I was going into 5th or 6th grade at the time. Mom and dad went for a walk and told me about this little cat they saw in the ditch. I got on my bike and rode the 3 miles down there to see for myself. She was cute so I put her on my shoulder and she rode like that the whole way home. The brand name of the bike was Murray so thats what we named her.

So yeah, bummed today.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 09:23:16 AM »
Aww. What a cutie.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 09, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »
Sorry to hear that man. I think I remember meeting her and she was sweet to us.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »