Author Topic: what online games are you playing?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
what online games are you playing?
« on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
in some kind of half assed effort to get some of us playing games together, thought it might be an idea to get an updated list of whose playing what online along with contact details, times available, etc...

PC:
red alert 3 beta (slothman)
C&C 3 (slothman)
C&C 3: kanes wrath (slothman)

XB360:
rock band
gta 4
halo 3

msn: beowulf666@hotmail.com
XB live: slothman82

i'm unemployed at the moment, so i'm available most the time. fridays and saturdays are normally my busy days, and nothing too late for obvious reasons.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: what online games are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »
Quake 3 Arena.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
Warhammer Online

I was in the closed beta for a week or so before it ended, and I'm anxiously awaiting the open beta, which starts sunday.

I just got Call of Duty 4, I should probably check out the multiplayer since I'm sitting around doing nothing waiting for the WAR open beta.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
None. Funny story - my internet here is awful and I can't play online games. Hell, PSN won't even work on this connection. It just gives me an error message.

I was playing Call of Duty 4 online for about a month while I was living somewhere else this summer. It was lots of fun. I think that I got to lvl 51 or so before I moved back here.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
I'm heavily into Castle Crashers.  It's supposed to be online-friendly, but that part of it is somewhat broken.  I'm afraid to even try it, since things going amiss can result in losing all progress in the game.  Patch is coming ASAP.  After that, it might be cool to try some multi with anyone here who ends up getting it.  Until then, I'm flying solo.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 05, 2008, 05:32:37 PM »
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.  My last game was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but I stopped playing that because I would get so angry at the helicopter that players could call in after getting a 7-kill streak.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 05, 2008, 07:52:01 PM »
Yeah I got really, really pissed at those helicopters at first as well. But once you learn how to deal with them, they are only a minor nuisance. It only takes a few clips to take one down, and if your teammates are decent they will shoot at it also. But yeah, it should last 1/3 as long as it does, if that.

I hated martyrdom much more than the helicopters. I died so many times from people that I killed dropping a grenade after they died. It takes no skill. Granted, I learned not to get too close once I realized someone had it, but still.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 05, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
Martyrdom never bothered me really.  It was annoying, but not as bad as the damn helicopter.  On some maps it wasn't bad, but the urban ones were horrible.  You'd to to kill it and it would fly away before you could get many hits in or a rocket on it.  Then you'd sort of forget about it for awhile and next thing you know it flies around a corner and kills you instantly.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 06, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
Perfect World International
Gears of War
Team Fortress 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 (now that I got my PS3 online)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 06, 2008, 04:27:04 PM »
DAY OF DEFEAT!!!

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 06, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
Been playing a free one called Combat arms.  It' a pretty fun military team based online fps.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 06, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »
Maplestory...yeah...I know...

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 06, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
Maplestory...yeah...I know...

I played that for a little while with some friends a couple of years ago, it was pretty fun for the few months I played it on and off.  Here's a tip, use a PC controller, it works so much better on the jumping puzzles.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 06, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
Maplestory? More like "IF I HAVE TO KILL ONE MORE FUCKING SNAIL I WILL BURN DOWN YOUR SERVER FARM!"

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 07, 2008, 03:35:36 PM »
I remember someone here suggesting I try it like 3 years ago.  I downloaded it and played it for maybe 5 hours straight.  When I stopped I was left feeling empty.  I uninstalled it and decided I should stay away from anything even remotely resembling a MMORPG.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 05:04:05 AM »
haha you tried the wrong MMORPG GPW.  I tried maple story and can't stand it, But I enjoy other mmos like Eve for example.  When i get a job and become a little more financially sound I'm going to start my eve account back up and get back to mining asteroids.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 05:06:37 AM »
Here we go again:  "MMOs..."  Massively Multiplayer Onlines?  Sorry just a pet peeve.  I have to keep reminding myself that RTS' doesn't bother me and that one makes just as little sense.