Author Topic: Youtube amazes me  (Read 1400 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Youtube amazes me
« on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
How can there be this many dumb people?

A new trailer came out for Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Its an upcoming PSP game that I guess is a fighting game with FF characters. I haven't gotten a straight answer to what it is, so I figured I'd watch the trailer. Its available on its official site but its like 80MB. So I go search Youtube instead.

Searching for keyword "Dissidia" and then sorting by "Date Added" the new trailer comes up. A lot. Does no one search to see if the video has already been uploaded? Do we need 30 uploads of the exact same trailer?

It boggles the mind.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
Re: Youtube amazes me
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »
Uploaders can get ad revenue for views on YouTube, can't they?

Well there you go.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 04:22:15 PM »
I did not know that. Interesting.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
I didn't realize that either. But apparently it's only for original content. So they wouldn't get revenue from uploading the trailer.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 04, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
Ah. Let me change my answer:

Uploaders are like those people on Facebook who obsess about how many people have friended them.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 05, 2008, 12:22:53 AM »
I like seeing people on facebook that I know with like 400 friends.  Usually, it's some girl that no one really  likes.

Anyways, youtube amazes me as well (as you all probably know).  But it leaves me nowhere near as amazed as Alex Jones.

Around 40 seconds is where it gets good.  "Remember: They claimed that thermal expansion was a new syndrome after 9/11"*

This leads into a middle aged man rocking out to late 90's era Rage Against the Machine.**

*I believe the first well documented study on thermal expansion adhering to 'modern' scientific principles  actually occurred sometime in the 16th or 17th century.   I could be wrong on that though - it's been a while since grade 11 science.   Nevertheless, that's not what the engineers are saying about the towers falling down...at all.

** Fun fact: Alex Jones is actually in his early 30's.  His just really unhealthy and out of touch.  He also hates aspartame.  I think it's because he's obese.