Author Topic: Death Magnetic - Metallicas new album  (Read 1897 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Death Magnetic - Metallicas new album
« on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 04:44:24 AM »
Well Im not sure what to say about a new Metallica album, nor was I sure about picking it up, but I did anyway.

I havent listened to the whole thing yet but... well fuck... this may be the best shit they've come out with since pre-Load. No im not saying its up with with early Metallica, Im just saying I think it rivals Load and on and may even surpass it. If anything its really fucking good thrash metal, especially the opening song... holy fuck.

Further impressions pending...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Death Magnetic - Metallicas new album
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 09:44:36 AM »
Well that's unexpected.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 01:00:17 AM »
I heard that.  Apparently dropping Bob Rock was a good move.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »
Wow, this was a pleasant surprise, a new, good Metallica album.  This isn't near the quality of Ride The Lightning(my favorite) and Master of Puppets but its sure a step in the right direction.  For once the drums and bass don't sound like absolute shit like they have on the last few albums and you actually get to hear Hammett play some fairly technical solos and riffs.  It's a pretty solid thrash album, a couple of the songs are a little out of place but most of them are pretty good, my favorite being "Suicide and Redemption", their first fucking instrumental since And Justice For All.  I'm curious if they will be able to work upon this new foundation they laid down and improve upon it if they do another album.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 19, 2008, 06:48:46 AM »
I thought Metallica was buried in Mexico someplace after the Napster and St. Anger debacles.  I certainly know that their prior actions and crappy music have spoiled the taste of albums and songs I once considered great.  I can't bear to listen to any of their stuff anymore.