Author Topic: Zombies!!! to be videogame! Woo! Exclamation point!  (Read 1174 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Zombies!!! to be videogame! Woo! Exclamation point!
« on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
!!!
The immensely popular Zombies!!!® Board Game is set to hit the video game world in 2009. Twilight Creations, Inc., the publishers of the game, has reached an agreement with Big Rooster, LLC, an entertainment software company, to develop the Zombies!!! board game into a video game property.

Initially the game will be developed for the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3 and the Steam online game distribution website according to Timothy Gerritsen, Executive Director of Big Rooster. Later releases may include the Nintendo DS and Wii systems.
Please don't be exclusive to Steam. Oh...who am I kidding? Even if it is I will get it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Zombies!!! to be videogame! Woo! Exclamation point!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 10:21:25 AM »

FTW?  ;)

I imagine they'll try to be somewhat true to the actual board game, though the story doesn't touch on that.  I also imagine Que and Idol will be chiming in any second now.  *Looks at his watch*

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »
Dead Rising is great, but this is a totally different beast. Hopefully they can keep it true to the board game. Maybe do something like the new Blood Bowl. Have one mode that is simply the board game, and another mode where you can do things only a computer will let you do. Such as...automated zombies? Strictly as an option so you can concentrate on moving and trying to win and the computer will handle zombie movement. This would also stop people from doing really anti-zombie behavior such as moving out of the way for a player to get through.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
Awesome, hopefully I'll be able to play online with friends on the PS3.  I really wish they would release Settlers of Catan on the PS3 too.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
This could be awesome, or worthless.  I'm totally going to hope for the former.  Wish they'd have released more information than this, though!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野