Author Topic: EvE Online  (Read 647 times)

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
EvE Online
« on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 03:42:15 AM »
I'm sure some of you have seen a lot of advertisement of this game.  And the recent thread about an EvE FPS.  Well I figured I'd post something for EvE online here.  I have been playing for awhile now and I was wondering is anyone was interested in trying the 14 day trial?  If you are my main character's name is Sycths, he's of the gallente faction.  most people get turned away from it because of how complicated the game can be and how boring it can be sometimes.  The best thing to do is make friends fast so when you log on you can have someone to talk to and discuss skill training with while you are mining or something.  But yeah to the point if anyone tries the 14 day trial look me up and I'll send you some extra spending cash.  main reason I'm making this thread is to get some friends playing to increase my corp size.  We are a very helpful group and we just got out own PoS(player owned Station.)  That I would like some people state side to talk to during the day when all my European friends are asleep haha.  Also heres a picture of my battleship the magathron(A.K.A U.S.S. Awesomeness.)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: EvE Online
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 10:45:43 PM »
This game has been something I've wanted to try from the beginning, but I know there's no point.  I don't have the time to invest, plain and simple.  I wish I could, but the learning curve is too high and I'd just never make it.  But it does sound really cool, and I'd love to see it.  Maybe if a bunch of other people all did a trial at the same time we could all go in together and learn together.  Still, I don't know that I'd be able to stick with it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
Re: EvE Online
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 03:00:21 AM »
Yeah there is a big learning curve from traditional MMO's.  Considering there are no lvls and just skill training.  My suggestion is just try the free trial and look me up there's only one server.  I can help you out a lot and I can also invite you to my corps channel and my corp members can help you out as well.  Yes it can take time but you can be casual and play it as well.  I have a skill that if I was to train it to lvl 5 it will take 37days.  so you can always go afk while mining and read or something.