Author Topic: Persona 4? Awesom....wait, WTF?!  (Read 21030 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Persona 4? Awesom....wait, WTF?!
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 12:00:16 AM »
Persona 3 was the first SMT game I really played except for a stint I had with Persona 2 on ePSXe before I decided it was totally retarded. As such, I kind of went in blind and tried to play it the same way you play every other RPG out there.  This isn't really wrong, but it made things harder than they had to be.  Things I learned from P3:

-Don't push the envelope, especially early in the game.  If you're low on health, SP, and/or curative items just get the fuck out of the dungeon.  Standard encounters can destroy you in these games if you're unlucky, fuck up, or just push yourself too far.

-Don't fuck with Death.  Everytime I'd hit a floor of the dungeon I'd basically try to find the exit to the next floor right off the bat and then explore from there.  The second you hear those chains run like a motherfucker.

-There will probably be varying opinions on this but persona fusing and social links are hands down the most important part of the game for survival.  You share your stats, weaknesses, and attributes with your persona and the only thing that leveling directly affects (effects?) stats wise are your HP/SP.  The only real way to get stronger in the game is to have better persona, and the best way to do that is through fusion.  Why?  Because your S-links add experience bonuses upon fusion, drastically cutting down the time it takes to level that persona. So, if you have an S-link level of 5 and fuse a persona of whatever arcana that S-link covers you get a tier 5 XP bonus upon fusion.  This probably translates into 3 or so actual levels for that persona, which could cut down on an hour or so of actual grinding in the dungeon.   Furthermore, it's the only way to hold Persona that are above your actual level, and the only way to get probably 70% of the persona in the game....some of which you'll definitely want.  

-The downside is that (early game especially), fusing a lot of persona can be very cost restrictive.  I actually wouldn't go too hardcore on it, but whenever you're done with one or figure out that you don't use one often, fuse it.  It only really becomes important mid-game, when money is much less of an issue.

-This game is all about weaknesses, both offensively and defensively.  Always scan enemies to find out what they're weak to, and try to have at least one spell for every element on you at all times.  Likewise, if you know an enemy is prone to using a powerful fire attack, don't fight him using a persona weak to fire.  As you can imagine, taking advantage of and defending weaknesses are another good reason to have a varied collection of persona available to you in the compendium.   I also learned that mudo (dark) and hama (light) spells will kick your ass with instant death if you're rocking a persona weak to them. As such, switch off if you think the enemy you're fighting is going to be prone to using it, and if a lot of enemies of that type are around on whatever floor you're on, don't run around with that persona as your default in case they get the jump on you.

-There's a nurse's office in the school.  Go there every time you're sick.  There's a chance she can fix it, but it's also the only way to boost your courage stat without losing time.  Also, if you can't find any S-links to do and don't really need to go to  to the dungeon it's always a good idea to boost your charisma, courage, or intelligence.  They do have benefits later (maybe focus on intelligence a bit first).

-Always try to watch TV on Sunday morning.  

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 02:43:58 AM »
To add to gpw and Que's good tips:

-Make multiple save states!!!!

-Get your stats (Courage, Academics, Charm) up to max as fast as possible because some of the social links and quests require them at a certain level and the earlier you have them maxed, the earlier you can max out social links and not having to play catch up in the endgame which you could use for the last bit of leveling and persona fusing.  For example, go to the karaoke bar and then study late at night every night when the karaoke bar is open, this raises Courage and Academics in one night.  When it is closed go to Tarturus, or go have a coffee to raise Charm and then study if you feel you don't need to go to Tarturus, because this once again raises two stats in one night.

-When you attempt to raise Social Links, always have a Persona on you that pertains to that link. For example, if you are going to do the Lovers social link, have a Lovers type persona on you to get a bonus.

-When exploring Tarturus, I personally had a strategy of getting to certain "checkpoint" floors in one go as fast as possible.  By "checkpoint" floor I mean, the end of a section of the tower where you cannot progress any further because of the story or a floor with a boss, these checkpoint floors are floors that you can teleport to instantly from the bottom floor, because why there may be a teleporter on a floor to get you to the bottom, it doesn't mean you can start from there if you come down to save.  I would basically run by enemies if possible to get to these floors as fast as possible and come back down and save.  After saving with the checkpoints available to me, I would begin exploring the floors I rushed through.  I came to this conclusion because I found that if I went up the floors, exploring them fully one at a time on the first run into them, if I died, I would have re-explore the floors all over again, or if I played it safe and went to the bottom floor to save on a random floor that wasn't a checkpoint in the tower, I would have to repeat floors, which isn't necessarily bad if you are wanting to level, but can be kind of annoying.  Hopefully that makes sense.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 03:18:39 AM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline wizall

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 07:20:47 PM »
Wow, guys, thanks for the thorough responses.  I'll definitely keep these suggestions in mind.  It's just that the world finally opened up, and for me, in these instances, it's a little difficult to know where to start.  And it's in these cases the game (or me, most likely) flounder.  But so far so good.

Also, what everyone's said about the soundtrack I agree with 100%.  It's slick. 

I'm sure I'll have more specific questions as I progress.

Oh, and the friend who turned me on to the SMT world said something a little bizarre today:  He said, "That game was a little problematic for me because I often found myself attracted to the female characters in the game."  Ha, I guess that's just this side of being way into Hentai.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »
I'm all about Chihiro over here.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline wizall

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
I look forward to meeting her.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »
Ok, new rule:  No pictures of anime girls in suggestive poses in any threads I'm likely to visit.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 10:31:18 PM »
I have to say, Persona 4 looks fucking amazing.  Watching Julia play it is making me super jealous.  They learned so many lessons from P3, that's really encouraging.  Literally every last thing seems improved, even down to the camera angles and the way you explore the town.  Great new features and all that rot too.  Some things are a little... flamboyant for my tastes, shall we say, but on the whole even the art style is fantastic.  I liked the cooler tones of P3 a little more on a personal level, but overall the game just looks sleek and beautiful.  It's totally a show of how something can be technically uninteresting but artistically rich.  It looks like a PS2 game, but it's a joy to watch in motion.

I wish I could play more of P3.  I just haven't had enough time, and what time I have had has been dedicated to L4D...

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 11:37:02 PM »
To be honest I'd say it's been improved in almost every way possible.  Obviously it's subjective regarding things like the music and story, but the the technical design and  stuff is much much better.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 09, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »
Absolutely.  Even little things like the menus are *vastly* improved.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 12:14:58 AM »
Just a bit of an update I guess since this game is consuming most of my spare time.  I'm 86 hours in and in early November with all of my characters in their 70s (minus two who are just level 68).  This game is awesome.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
So have you guys experienced any bugs?  Julia got really pissed earlier because she couldn't get a quest.  Basically, an NPC that was supposed to be there just disappeared and never came back, even though some other girl is standing there staring at the spot where she's supposed to be and is talking to the empty space.  Searching around, I've found a couple instances where people had come across this and couldn't get full scores at the end of the game because they either couldn't get a quest or couldn't turn it in due to NPCs that vanished.  Certainly not a huge deal as the quests aren't required stuff, but it really sucks bad for completionists.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »
So have you guys experienced any bugs?  Julia got really pissed earlier because she couldn't get a quest.  Basically, an NPC that was supposed to be there just disappeared and never came back, even though some other girl is standing there staring at the spot where she's supposed to be and is talking to the empty space.  Searching around, I've found a couple instances where people had come across this and couldn't get full scores at the end of the game because they either couldn't get a quest or couldn't turn it in due to NPCs that vanished.  Certainly not a huge deal as the quests aren't required stuff, but it really sucks bad for completionists.

For which quest?  You can give me the quest number to avoid spoilers.  I'm curious though since I haven't run into any bugs and I have finished almost all of the quests except for about 7 of them I think.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 01:01:14 AM »
I think she said it was #12?  I think?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 11:26:10 AM »
I think she said it was #12?  I think?

That's the one where the girl is on the 2nd floor of the practice building and the same girl who gives you quest 7.  Hmm, that's really weird that she would just disappear, I completed that one just fine.  The only bugs I have heard of are on those small amount of botched copies where the game will not load at all, not weird NPC problems.  I know sometimes certain NPCs will and will not show up when it rains but that shouldn't affect that NPC since she's inside.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
Yeah, and she said she's been missing consistently for over a week.  And the other girl standing there acts like she should be there, or something, which is why we think it's a bug.  I did run across one guy who mentioned this, and there's another thread I found where people can't figure out what spawns a girl that's supposed to start a particular social link (for some she's there, for some she's not... and sometimes she'll eventually show up, but nobody's confirmed why yet).

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 07:31:53 PM »
Interesting.  I haven`t run across anything like that as of yet.  To be honest though, if I did miss a social link or something because of a bug I wouldn`t have any idea at this point.  Now that I think of it, I`ve never seen Kanji at school....

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 12, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
Now that I think of it, I`ve never seen Kanji at school....

He's in the practice building, 1st floor.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 12:32:44 AM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »
Interesting, I'll check that out as soon as I clear up some s-links.  I really like in this game how you can roll with a posse ten deep and still get points for them, but will they actually level up during those group hangouts?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 01:00:52 AM »
Interesting, I'll check that out as soon as I clear up some s-links.  I really like in this game how you can roll with a posse ten deep and still get points for them, but will they actually level up during those group hangouts?

I never had them actually level up, but get that message saying that my social rank was going to go up soon with them.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 12:43:46 AM »
Yeah, okay.  Same.  I've actually fallen way behind in this game.  I'm still just in the lull after the Void Quest dungeon. Fuck you school, work, and drinking.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 11:00:50 PM »
Well, I did it.  I finally beat this game with a grand total of 110 hours.  What an amazing game and story.  I can't wait for another Persona game to be announced.

I won't go into any details about the ending, but I will tell anyone playing this game there are two VERY important days/events that effect the ending and based on some FAQs I looked at after I finished up, it looks like I got what is called the True ending.  There is also a Good ending, which is very close to the True ending but a little bit of dialogue is not there and you miss out on a certain aspect of the story.  There is also a Bad ending which is fairly easy to avoid.  I ended up watching the Bad ending on YouTube and watching the Good ending on one of my save files.  The True ending I got seems fairly straightforward to get, but I could see how someone could miss it and get the Good ending instead.  I'll tell anyone who is interested how to get it without spoilers via PM, because the True ending is so much better than the other two and I'm glad I got it on my first playthrough.

I ended up getting all of my Social Links maxed except for 2, which I got up to Rank 9 (the two I got up to Rank 9 had a cut off date where I couldn't level them up anymore).  I got 92% of the Personas and my main character was at level 92 with the rest of my characters in the 86 range and I annihilated the last boss.

So to anyone playing this game or planning on playing it, finish it!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »
My bro and I dug out the PS2 from one of our storage closets and we started playing a whole buncha games again! I'm back to Okami (actually trying to finish it this time) and I found SMT Persona 4 at one of the little videogame shops for a steal! I got it for $5, so it may have been quite literally a steal. Just starting out with it and I'm finding it very funky!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
Roughly when does this game end?  I'm kind of chipping away at it right now and am in early October.  Somewhat close?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: Friday, October 28, 2011, 07:00:14 PM »
The Persona fighting game topic really made me want to play this again so I dug this thread up.  Man, if I only still had a PS2

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #64 on: Friday, October 28, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
I would love to play this again sometime as well now that I have been watching the Persona 4 anime which has been great so far.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 07:42:55 PM »
Persona 4: Golden was on sale for Vita for $20 (this happens pretty much every second week) and I went for it.   I'm glad I did - it's been since it first came out for me and feels fresh and fantastic. 

The game is just so much more crisp and awesome on the Vita (higher res textures, better screen), and the gameplay really lends itself to the platform.  There are some changes:  New character (non playable), new social links, new ending, more activities to do, more areas, blah blah blah.  Some of the best are subtle changes that just fix so much - you can now see every single fusion you're capable of when fusing on a single screen, among other little details.   

Honestly, it's just awesome - haven't been able to put it down. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #66 on: Friday, October 10, 2014, 10:33:42 AM »
Persona 4: Golden was on sale for Vita for $20 (this happens pretty much every second week) and I went for it.   I'm glad I did - it's been since it first came out for me and feels fresh and fantastic. 

The game is just so much more crisp and awesome on the Vita (higher res textures, better screen), and the gameplay really lends itself to the platform.  There are some changes:  New character (non playable), new social links, new ending, more activities to do, more areas, blah blah blah.  Some of the best are subtle changes that just fix so much - you can now see every single fusion you're capable of when fusing on a single screen, among other little details.   

Honestly, it's just awesome - haven't been able to put it down. 
Oh yeah, it's great on the Vita! I feel bad I never brought it up before :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 01:50:28 PM »
Persona 4: Golden released on Steam....with Denuvo:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/13/21279194/persona-4-golden-steam-pc-release

IGN Port Analysis on P4G PC version with Durante:
https://www.ign.com/articles/persona-4-golden-pc-port-analysis

Durante with a Steam-user Review on P4G PC version:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/duranteA/recommended/1113000/
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 14, 2020, 03:27:16 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, June 14, 2020, 03:26:36 PM »
Persona 4: Golden PC sets a New Steam Record - Most Concurrent players playing in a Non-MMO JRPG on Steam:
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/14/persona-4-golden-most-concurrent-players-steam/

Persona 4 Golden has already smashed the record for the most concurrently played JRPG on Steam – excluding MMOs – in the platform’s history.

The news originally appeared over on ResetEra, where a user shared current Persona 4 Golden analytics.

Apparently, Final Fantasy 15 previously held the record for most concurrent players in a non-MMO JRPG on Steam – according to Steam Charts, that was approximately 29,279 people.

At the time of the ResetEra post, Persona 4 Golden had 29,984 players – and the count keeps going up.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
I'm so tempted to buy this on Steam every time I see something about it.  I played it both on the PS3 and the Vita twice.  I think I only finished it once out of those three, which is just how I find these games go because they're so fucking long.  I think I burnt out on the PS3 version and then the time I beat it on the Vita I got close to the end and just stopped for a year (same with both 3 and 5).

I'd love to get it again for PC and at least see it in high def but man, 100 hours is a lot of time.

I will say that this game was a lot more manageable on the Vita as you could just suspend between saves and I really hope the next Persona game has a save anywhere feature.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:33:25 AM »
For real. I don't have time or energy to play stuff the way I used to, and being able to suspend on Vita is a godsend. I've had the game asleep for weeks at a time sometimes when I was between saves but just couldn't finish something up.

Currently trying to sell my NA Vita copy since I have the JP version. No interest in the PC version, really. It does look nice, though!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 05, 2021, 06:04:01 AM »
ORIGINAL POST - 06/29/2021:
So, I recently (i.e. last night) purchased this (Persona 4: Golden) for the PC. I have some thoughts on this legendary JRPG that is loved by fans & critics alike, after some say 4.2 hours in total here spent with it, so....let's begin.

A lot of games, they often take care one a certain thing, first and foremost: being a game. Often, games are more so built on game mechanics than actual focusing on storytelling, narrative, and character development. Well, enter Person 4: Golden here, as it definitely makes sure that storytelling, narrative, and character development is extremely important in this game. This game certainly takes its time with all of this stuff - and this is also for the best here, as it's great so far at all of this stuff. If this isn't enough, this game certainly takes its time to often develop all of this & litter the game with lots of details in this regard, too.

Then there's the voice-acting. A lot of the main story stuff is voice-acted here. While there is some stuff that isn't voice-acted here, it's often unimportant stuff period and/or NPC's who aren't main characters that isn't voice-acted, so this isn't a big deal and isn't even a matter at all. Also, what's here that is voice-acted is also great, for the most part.

Oh, and if this all isn't enough - there's plenty of world-building and Lore here, which will also keep the player immersed in the game & its actual world. Since the game is done on a daily schedule and in that matter, you will often be going around to the same places & areas often - you'll get to know the areas & learn the area, which will immerse the player into the place & give the player the feeling that they are also in a place that they can & will call home.

At 1080p on my old laptop (i7 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB of GTX 960m; W10 x64), this game runs really well. At 60fps without any hitches & issues here, which is what's expected here as this game isn't really new or anything of that sort, this game runs just fine & flawless. Cranked-up to the max here and rendered at 200%, the game looks fine in the game-world. The character models have their own doll-like look & style, which is fine & nice. P4 (original) came out in 2008 and this Golden version hit the Vita in 2012, so I'm not expecting the moon here in technical graphics quality here - but what's here does look fine & probably is very much cleaned-up since its original release.

That isn't all, either. In conversation when in the game-world, the game has the character's head and its dialogue float-over part of the scene, all in its beautiful hand-drawn-looking style in all of its anime-style glory. If that also isn't enough, this game often has excellent full-blown anime-style sequences and cut-scenes, which also look great and make you feel like you're watching an episode of an anime TV show.

Combat is here is a turn-based affair, similar to that of older Final Fantasy games and even FF13. While I haven't run into a ton of dungeons and combat so far over the 4 hours of so of game-time here, what's here feels very old-school FF. You have a party, but so far...mainly you control your main character and the AI controls any other party members. You have attacks, items you can use, skills, and even Personas (i.e. Summons) that you can use for battles.

Combat here is often stylish in not just its look of combat & flashiness of it, but even in its UI and whatnot too; everything there is stylized and looks great - making even turn-based combat, which might not be everyone's cup of tea, even look like it could become your new cup of tea. Since there's constant bantering from your party members and Teddie (once Teddie watched over you), the game is constantly keeping things going, so that there is not a dead moment even during turn-based combat. Like most RPG's, you do have a weapon shop in town - so you can buy equipment, sell equipment, and the usual RPG stuff over there - so that you can be prepared for combat; and you'll also level-up from battles and from going into dungeons too.

So, here's the game's story so far: some people have been disappearing and some people have been murdered, as your new Guardian/father-figure is a detective trying to crack this case. You, as a High-Schooler in the year 2011, are trying to balance both school and solve these disappearances & murders, as you also get roped into this. This premise sounds like it's something right out of a modern "coming of age" high-school movie & noir-style murder-mystery, all thrown into a (somewhat) modern year & world of sorts. If this isn't enough - there's some cards of Fate being thrown around in a Tarot card style, a nightmare world/Shadow World, mirror-images of things, and whatnot - often feeling right out of some David Lynch movie or TV show and/or some horror movies. Of course, then you can throw a JRPG style game with turn-based combat on top of all of this...and you basically have Persona 4: Golden.

But, of course - that's certainly not everything, as I'm only 4 hours in or so; and this game often takes cliches, tropes, and whatnot - and then does something with them, whether expanding on them or doing something else with them. I don't know if this game opens up more & gets more free-form at times, at all, and/or whatever else. I don't know if these first few hours here are mostly tutorial and will stop a lot of the hand-holding and be more free-form. I don't know if there'll be more combat and/or grind, later on in the game...or not. I don't know who the killer is yet and why these people are disappearing - but I pretty much will guarantee you at some point, I want to find out & I'm going to find out all of this, at some point.

So far, this JRPG is great. Need to go play more.

ADDENDUM - 07-04-2021:
Almost some 20 hours into this...and I've certainly got a bit more to say about this game.

As if dealing w/ school isn't enough, you also have to spend time with your friends, so you can learn more Personas; level up friends' Personas; improve your skills w/ them and their skills; and a lot more. Besides being a School simulator; turn-based JRPG; part visual novel; and probably something else that I missed - this also feels like a Friend simulator. Not sure if this all will later turn into a Dating Simulator too - but you can also hang out with Friends in certain locations.

You can also get jobs and go to work too, to earn money. Besides sometimes getting an allowance, you'll also need money to buy equipment, items, books for studying & leveling-up skills & stats...and who knows what else.

So, after those first few hours - yes, the game does open-up a bit and feel a bit more free-form, in some ways. Though, you'll still have to often go to School and whatnot, but you also have Clubs you can join after-school too, which feels like something you'd deal with in real school. You can, for example, join the basketball club or soccer club (Sports clubs); and even some cultural clubs like music club or drama club - but you can only join one of each two types of club types (one sports club and one cultural club).

Often spending time with friends and whatnot, can help you gain Personas. And once you get further along, you can - and should - fuse Personas to quickly make stronger Personas, so that you can have multiple skills in one new persona & upgrade to stronger & more leveled-up Personas. You're certainly going to need these, for when you get into dungeons and get into combat.

Not only do you have to juggle your friendships, clubs, school, dungeon-battling, jobs and whatnot - but you have to juggle all of this on a Daily Schedule. All of the days of the week are here, so you have to juggle what to do & when to do certain things. Everything here is a typical Calendar year here, as there's Months here too. It's basically a real-life simulator in some ways here, too.

You can also change the game's Difficulty at anytime. There's a handful of Difficulty presets already - but you can Customize that even further, too. You can have more or less Damage Taken & Damage Given, for starters. When you die in a dungeon, you can also have it set that you Die in a Dungeon you can Restart the Floor Entirely, Restart A Battle, or even Restart The Entire Dungeon. Restarting A Battle doesn't feel like that entirely, as you basically just get revived in the middle of battle, which feels like this could be endless and a basic cheat code....just so you can push through a battle. Restarting A Floor, since these dungeons have multiple floors often, feels a bit more fair here, as you can just go back to the beginning of the floor and whatever you had for stats, equipment, HP, SP, etc etc. It's great to have this customizable for players, as it does ensure players who want to push the story forward - in which this story is great, BTW - can actually push the story forward and not get stuck in a rut & in a dungeon, since this game even on Normal can be difficult.

So far, I'm really enjoying this really unique JRPG a lot. So far, so great.