Author Topic: Wanted - movie with Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and Common  (Read 2320 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Wanted - movie with Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and Common
« on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 06:49:20 PM »
Let's get the good out the way. I must say, the action in this movie kicked major ass. Some obvious inspirations here include some cues from John Woo films and Matrix movies -- but it also has its own spin on thing with numerous moments of "I've never seen that before in an action scene on screen." Entertaining and a hell of a lot of fun to watch on-screen all of the unique set pieces and style of this film unfold on screen.

But, my God -- this movie, clocking in at 1 hours and 45 mins -- felt rushed, rushed, and even more rushed in the plot. So many missed opportunities to expand on the plot/storyline and make it interesting. It really could've used more time to make us care about the characters and their actions. By the end, I didn't really give a shit about any of the characters and what happened to them.

Anyone seen this yet?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Wanted - movie with Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and Common
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »
Yeah I saw it.  I thought it was complete garbage from beginning to end.  Actually I ended up falling asleep before the end but I had no desire to pick up where I left off and sent it back.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Wanted - movie with Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and Common
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
Absolutely over the top and ridiculous.  But strangely, I enjoyed it.