Author Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) -- Why remake / reboot this one?  (Read 2268 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Friday The 13th (2009) -- Why remake / reboot this one?
« on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »
I just saw a trailer for a new remake / reboot of Friday of The 13th, planned for release on Feb 13th, 2009 to theatres.

Really, though, do they need to remake / reboot this series?
*scratches head*

We need new fresh horror flicks these days since we really ain't had that many great ones in a while, not remakes / reboots of Halloween and Friday The 13th.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Friday The 13th (2009) -- Why remake / reboot this one?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 06:36:39 PM »
Maybe I've just taken the whole Friday the 13th series too seriously, but I didn't think any of them were really any good. I guess if you want cheese, tits, and gore you might enjoy them, but I don't know if I'd really call any of them good otherwise. The gore isn't that great usually either, though they are from a time when gore didn't need to be realistic and gunshots were supposed to soind like giant explosions.

Maybe the point is to try to remake the series so it's actually good.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
I never really cared for any of the big horror franchises. Freddy, Jason, Michael, I thought they were all pretty "meh". I liked zombie movies, and things like "The Thing". Which is still probably one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

So, I'm very neutral with this remake thing. I just don't care about it at all.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »
I thought Halloween remake by Rob Zombie was definitely better than the original. Of course, I just saw on IMDB that he's doing a second one, which I have doubts about. Now that the "creation" of Michael Myers is out of the way, I'd expect any more movies to be the same horrible formula from the bad movies: Surprise! He's not really dead, he'll kill a bunch of people, then die. Rinse. Repeat.

The thing was amazing by the way. The original isn't even bad, once you get past the fact that the monster looks like Frankenstein and is technically a carrot. It's got the whole claustraphobic, trapped in the middle of a frozen wasteland thing.