Author Topic: Zero Order Phase  (Read 2385 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Zero Order Phase
« on: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 04:59:02 AM »
This is a solo album by Nevermore's guitarist god Jeff Loomis. I had no idea this existed till I bothered to look up the band again after going back and listening to some Nevermore tracks. Don't know much about it but from the samples Im hearing on Amazon, Loomis doesnt look like hes going to disappoint.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Zero Order Phase
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 10:35:21 AM »
It's a great album with some nice variety.  I hope he does more solo albums because the only reason I don't listen to Nevermore that much is the singer.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Zero Order Phase
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 01:58:25 PM »
I think that's the reason everybody doesn't listen to Nevermore much.  I used to put up with the guy, and he *can* actually sing pretty well when he isn't overdoing it (he's much better live than on record, from the two times I've seen them), but man... the longer I live, the more he irritates me.  Loomis definitely needs to do more solo work.  It's also shocking that I don't have a hard copy of this album yet, because I love Loomis.  He isn't the best player ever, even if he's incredibly technically proficient... but I love his style anyway.  No Petrucci (who is?), but nobody else sounds like him, and he's getting more creative every time he releases something (the work he and Smyth did on This Godless Endeavor was pretty great and would stand as amazotron if Dane would just fucking tone it down a little).

Anyway, I put a bunch of Loomis vids in this thread that nobody read.  Check it out and junk.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野