Author Topic: Age of Booty has Securom and activation limits  (Read 2140 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Age of Booty has Securom and activation limits
« on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 12:28:09 AM »
Way to go, Capcom. You completely fucked up the PC release of this game.

Offline wizall

Re: Age of Booty has Securom and activation limits
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 02:16:31 AM »
That blows. 

I've been meaning to buy the XBLA version, as the trial was decent.  Maybe won't now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 07:05:17 AM »
And all that for Age of Booty.  I mean... come on.  It just seems so silly.  Like putting a titanium padlock on a pudding cup.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 11:30:58 PM »
That blows. 

I've been meaning to buy the XBLA version, as the trial was decent.  Maybe won't now.

You mean as protest?  Pirating the PC version is much louder.

Offline wizall

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 03:37:22 AM »
Perhaps.  But like all protests as consumers, it's pointlessly self-serving.  I was on the fence, and that decision was enough to push me in one direction. 

Actually, neither decision are "louder," as it's not as if my non-purchase is noted any more than blatant stealing via torrent.  The effect is the same:  pointlessly protestant. 

Either way, the money is no longer theirs. 

Were I to chat with the person who made the decision it would simply be two words:  "dumb shit." 

But, Cobra, if you'd like a serious conversation on the subject I'd be more than willing when I haven't had seven Washing Apples and eight 9% IPAs.  Drunk or not, it's still sad news for the PC gamers. 

BTW, what do you do when your friend just gets back from Iraq, his third tour, and is beyond dealing with?  He wasn't some cook over there, but a full-blow E-5 Ranger, considering going into the Green Baret's?  I can't empathize as I've never lit up a Toyota Corolla with a .50 cal with two dudes in it.  I've never walked up to a "Capture or Kill" and blown his brains out with a DE.  He has.  How can I tell him what's the right decision?  He was picked for Delta Selection, and I don't want him to go, but he's A-type and completely alpha male. He's fucked up, but so smarter than anyone I've met.  I'm glad he's not just some white trash piece of shit in the military, but at the same time he's my best fucking friend.  It kills me.  I read books, love cats, and whatnot, and look at this forum for gaming decisions and I'm zero, but he's mister hardass.  I want to lock him up in a fucking room, tell him to get over himself, but I can't.  Yet he's desperate for that adrenaline rush of a Blackhawk rolling into deep Afghanistan.  It frustrates the shit out of me.

I'm not gloating to have known this guy, as it may seem.  I'm just drunk and at wit's end.  Goddammit!  His decision is between Green Berets or fucking attempting Delta?  I want to slap the shit out of him; neither decision is okay.  He's still reeling being ball's deep from  Falluja, Pakistan, and whoever knows where he was, but he doesn't know. Ahhhhh, a;lksjdflkjasdlkfjklajsdflk, and he's such a nice guy. Yet, apparently, totally self-destructive. 

Holy shit, I just earned this post number.  HAHAHA.  Thanks for the expulsion.  My only weapons against him are getting him laid.  True story.  More to come.

Hi, I'm "wizall," and a lesser contributor, but I've been around for some time. Peas and carrots.  Thanks for the catharsis. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 06:24:04 AM »
I must say, your coherent, properly spelled, grammatically sound drunk posting is enjoyable.  Kudos, sir.  You remind me of when I was still a youth, getting hammered every Friday night.  Inexplicable, but it rarely seemed to affect my ability to type, even if the same couldn't be said of my judgment.

Also, I like that you managed to go from Age of Booty and a discussion about piracy to your friend blowing holes in some terrorists.  Kudos again.  Your friend will be all right.  Some guys just have to be what they are, and like you said, at least it means there's somebody intelligent and reliable out there serving our country.  I have a great respect for military men and women in general, but my guess is that we could ultimately use a few more as worthy as your friend.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 04:09:49 PM »
I just watched a movie last night that was about a guy who came back from the military with a screw loose.  Christian Bale was in it.  What was that?  His character was a lot like what you describe, except he wasn't too smart.

Just like you, I have no perspective on such experiences, so I can't judge or offer advice.  I think all you can do is be a good friend, and trust he will consider that positive experience with you when he goes to make a decision about what to do next.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
I just watched a movie last night that was about a guy who came back from the military with a screw loose.  Christian Bale was in it.  What was that?  His character was a lot like what you describe, except he wasn't too smart.

Harsh Times was the movie, I think.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
Yep, sounds like Harsh Times. Good movie.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »

OFF-TOPIC:
I didn't see that one, actually, oddly enough.
I did see Rescue Dawn, though.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 03:00:03 AM »

Yes, that's the one.  Wizall's post was a bit like deja vu because of it.