Author Topic: "This is the most impressive business card I've ever seen. It's mine."  (Read 1700 times)

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: "This is the most impressive business card I've ever seen. It's mine."
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 09, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »
YOUR BUSINESS CARD IS CRAP.
Wow, what a douche.

I think he lost sight of the purpose of business cards. In a fast-paced business city like Dubai that's a "business card" (I'll humour him and call it that) that gets thrown away because it's 1) not easy to keep or store (won't slip easily into a pocket), 2) resembles a brochure, greeting card or other mailbox clutter, and 3) it's fugly.

Hehe thanks for amusement Wind ;)

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 09, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
Speaking of Dubai, is it true you guys have debtors' prisons?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 10, 2009, 02:18:14 AM »
Speaking of Dubai, is it true you guys have debtors' prisons?
Yes, but for debtors to be taken to this facility they have to have racked up a heck of debt (over 100k I believe). Still it's pretty messed up. I've been critical of Dubai and its principal policies ever since I lived there for a few months.

In fear of this a lot of people just up and left. They left condos and cars. The authorities found over 3000 abandoned cars left in the airport parking lots.

...the government is considering a law that makes it a crime, punishable by a large fine ($270,000 USD) to harm the reputation or economy. It would appear that this could apply to broadcast media or even websites and blogs, and films.

Such a law would make my criticism of the lovely city risky. It is leaning toward the ridiculous side of things. Who am I kidding, it's downright f*d up.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 10, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
Well let's see Paul Allen's card first...