Not me. Million Dollar Baby is exactly the kind of movie I want to be warned about before I make my life worse by watching it. So I'll be avoiding the other two like the plague. Thanks for the heads up.
Did you see Requiem for a Dream?
That's a VERY depressing movie. I don't really know what's sadder -- Million Dollar Baby or Requiem.
Hmmm... now I dont know if I want to see it. While I dont mind depressing movies so much, like Million Dollar Baby was but was also amazing, Requiem for a Dream made me feel like total shit after watching it. I understood what it was going for, but damn, it was just painful and left me a little exhausted, definitely one I'll never desire to see again.
There's plenty of that pain and torture here in The Wrestler.
I'm thinking of one scene in the movie that involved hardcore-style wrestling...
[spoiler]...involving The Ram (Rourke) all bloody and beaten and marked-up in the locker room with doctors tending to him, as he's reflecting on some hardcore wrestling a la old school ECW-style he just did -- with weapons -- such as barbed-wire wrapped around a tables, a ladder, and staple-guns.
We see each "bump" and mark on his body and how they happened, as a flashback. Painful scene to watch.
[/spoiler]