Author Topic: Berserk: Remastered  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Berserk: Remastered
« on: Saturday, July 18, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »
So I was online picking up Azumanga Diaoh when I discovered that Media Blasters released a remastered version of the Berserk collection.  And it's like under thirty freaking dollars.  Some people have said it isn't actually remastered from film and is actually just a better encode, but who gives a shit?  It does look sharper, with better color, and according to the guy who spearheaded the project at MB, they fixed a bunch of small translation problems, re-synced the subtitles, and even messed with the sync on the dub.  And infamous Japanese mono track issue with the original discs has been fixed.

Fucking amazing.  If you've never had a chance to watch this absolutely brilliant anime, now's the perfect time.  And if you already have the old set but want an improved set with some beautiful disc and box art, jump on it.  I guess it came out earlier this year, I had no idea.  After giving away my last box to Sy, I never completed buying the rest of the official releases (still missing 2), so I'm going to snag this and probably devote an entire weekend to slogging through the mire of brilliance and mind-blowing-ness again.

I'm also buying 32 volumes of the manga in the original Japanese to encourage me to study.  I'm rather looking forward to that since I wasn't quite sure what to make of the Dark Horse translation.  A lot of times I preferred the amateur scanlation I got off of ebay years before.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Berserk: Remastered
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 19, 2009, 06:54:08 AM »
Sweeeeett!! I love Berserk!