Author Topic: Wolfmother  (Read 19092 times)

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
Wolfmother
« on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 05:51:34 PM »
I finally grabbed their debut album after putting it off for a while and damn, it's fuckin great.  Anybody like them?  They have a huge retro feel, and they sound a LOT like Led Zeppelin, so if you're a Zeppelin fan then definitely check them out.

I havent listened to the entire thing yet, but "Woman," "Dimension," "Apple Tree," and "Joker & the Thief" are standout.  There's even a song called "Mind's Eye."  How cute.

Check them out.  Awesome stuff.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Wolfmother
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 08:07:02 PM »
I heard some shit on the radio that I didn't dig much, and I like Zep quick a bit... so I don't exactly feel the same on that issue.  But yeah, I really couldn't get into them.  But I haven't listened to an album yet, either.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 22, 2006, 11:07:56 PM »
The first time I heard Wolfmother it was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. The song they played was "Woman".. I don't know man, it was pretty irritating.. The lead vocalist sounds like the weezing and whining of a teenager on the verge of puberty. Honestly that's the only song I've ever heard for them, several times now, and it gets more annoying each time.

Cool band name though.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
Man, I like that song a lot.  They really do have an interesting sound though, which can be attributed to a kind of love it/hate it thing.  I'm digging it though.  Reminds me of Sabbath a bit, too.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 03:25:16 PM »
I have the CD and love it. It's music I have to be in the mood for though. If i'm not feeling it the vocalist or the raunch nature bug me. In the right mood, the CD is almost perfect though.

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
  • Life sucks. That's your lesson. Go enjoy it.
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 09:16:04 AM »
I dig them... They most def are a mix of Zep and Sabbath.  It's just too bad that comes out sounding a bit too much like Modern Indie rock.  I still enjoy the album and have passed it on to several people who dig it as well.
YOU'RE WELCOME!