Author Topic: Who has been watching "Fringe"?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Who has been watching "Fringe"?
« on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »
I really didn't start watching it until late last season. so I've been slowly catching up. I've been watching the first season from the beginning, and man I love this show. I have to give it up to, JJ. Abrams. I hate "Lost" but this show is so much better. It's like a sleeker, more sophisticated "X-Files".

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Who has been watching "Fringe"?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
Oh Fringe is cool! It's a great addition to science-fiction-mystery shows :D

They actually made a vague reference to the X-Files in the Season 2 premier "...the old X designation and your Fringe investigations have been indulgences in the federal budget for over half a century!"

I'd love to see guest appearances from classic X-Files characters.

The chick who plays Olivia Dunham is quite photogenic in all the promo materials:

That poster for the show is what got my attention last season.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »
Yeah. She's straight up beautiful. Just classic, simple, and naturally beautiful. I like em like that.

but yeah, the show rocks. I'm about to star watching tonight's episode before I crash.

Yum

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »
Yeah, I've been watching it. It's one of the few shows that I bother watching on TV when they air (instead of watching it later on DVD, etc.).

I started watching it 'cause I thought it was (and still is) hilarious and a clear copy of X-files with just a role reversal (Mulder = Olivia Dunham, Scully =  Peter Bishop), but it has been getting better now that they've established a (somewhat interesting) longer story arc.

But overall, I still think it's so cliche and predictable that I'm surprised they even put it up considering how much X-Files exploited the formula and how much modern Sci-Fi series have advanced in terms of quality story telling (Battlestar Galactica). Then again, it's Fox and I haven't even seen a single episode of Lost...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 04:16:53 PM »
Oh man, it's tough to compete with Battelstar Galactica. That show was truly unique. I'm planning on buying the full DVD set once the price drops (it costs over $100 here).

Fringe is good so far. The show has gotten better with the later episodes. It does have some cheesy moments but the characters are well-crafted; while they do seem to be somehow modelled after traditional mystery roles (the skeptic, the believer, the stern but compassionate boss, etc.) they stand out enough to paint a new picture.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 09, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »
Ive always loved X-Files so this has intrigued me. I saw the first season at Walmart today and almost went for it, but resisted, I need to see an episode or two first.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that chick looks like a dude?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 12:22:55 PM »
hahaha

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran