Author Topic: Fable II Episode 1 (XBL) is a lot of free game  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Fable II Episode 1 (XBL) is a lot of free game
« on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 08:39:37 AM »
So I thought this would just be a glorified demo, but after playing for hours last night, I had to quit and go to bed.  I got past early childhood, and into a lot of the world outside of the starting town.  I was disappointed with being led around by the nose, until I figured out i could turn off the glowing trails (which lead you to your next mission point).  I still liked early childhood in Fable I a lot better.  I'm sure part of that is that the novelty of the look and premise has worn off.  But in addition to that, the town feels more closed in, and your range of actions seems more limited.  I'm glad I could play past that and go out into the very nicely done open spaces.

I'm not going to be paying for other episodes.  Without getting into the philosophical issues with buying whole games like this without tangible media, the practical fact is that it would eat up way too much of my 13GB HDD (falsely labeled as 20GB).  But what the hey, this part of it is free, as advertised . . . almost.  It's really achievement nagware.  It tells you to download Episode 2 to register achievements every time you should be getting one.  Ah, well.  No one is completely honest anymore, if they ever were.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: Fable II Episode 1 (XBL) is a lot of free game
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:04:14 AM »
Retail version is cheaper anyway

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »
Plus, The Fable 2: GOTY Edition for X360 w/ ALL DLC included should be coming soon, anyways.
It's already been announced.

EDIT:
I think your Episode 1 saves work in full retail Fable 2, BTW...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
$28 on Amazon.  What was even more interesting on that page was Fallout 3 for $37.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:35:30 AM »
I was thinking about downloading it to try, but haven't yet. 

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »
$28 on Amazon.
Sounds about right.

What was even more interesting on that page was Fallout 3 for $37.
That's probably b/c Fallout 3: GOTY Edition that comes w/ ALL Five DLC packs is coming out this week.

That'll be the definitive version of the game...unless they change their mind and do more DLC, which I highly doubt since they said Mothership Zeta is the last FO3 DLC.