Author Topic: U.S. Soldiers are waking up...  (Read 6614 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
U.S. Soldiers are waking up...
« on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »
Youtube video

Thought it was a pretty interesting vid. A couple military buddies of mine watched this vid, and share this guys view.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: U.S. Soldiers are waking up...
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »
Here's my view.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »
Here's my view.

No one disputes what happened... and the campaign in Afghanistan was and is justified, but then you have decision makers taking advantage of patriotic reactions and expanding the war into areas which had nothing to do with 9/11... for some of the reasons point out in Scary's video. These are the people who are taking advantage of the emotional sentiments.

While I have no doubt about Obama's motives, I did for his predecessor... I am not saying he was evil. Perhaps he was just an incompetent man who had some evil advisers, but one can never say for sure.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »
Bush was bumbling and sometimes incompetent, Obama is very intelligent and also outright evil.  Like all politicians, both only ever had the intention of using us for their own ends, and yet the results of their means seem to be what concerns us the least, the means themselves taking up all our attention.  What a stupid country we are.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 02:23:17 AM »
I've been hoping for the soldiers to come to this realization.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 09:27:24 AM »
No one disputes what happened... and the campaign in Afghanistan was and is justified, but then you have decision makers taking advantage of patriotic reactions and expanding the war into areas which had nothing to do with 9/11... for some of the reasons point out in Scary's video. These are the people who are taking advantage of the emotional sentiments.

While I have no doubt about Obama's motives, I did for his predecessor... I am not saying he was evil. Perhaps he was just an incompetent man who had some evil advisers, but one can never say for sure.

If you look at the comments to that, you'll find examples of the idiots who do dispute it.

The current legitimate war theater is Afghanistan and Pakistan.  Unfortunately, this war is with an ideology, not a nation.  The enemy can be anywhere and doesn't want to negotiate.  He simply wants us dead or assimilated, much like the Borg, except they don't all live in one big cube.  (Wouldn't that be nice.)  As much as I hate Bush Jr, he was spot on when he said we need to go after him and whoever harbors him, wherever that may be.  Granted, Iraq was completely stupid.  The last thing we wanted to do was destroy a powerful regime that had the means and desire to exterminate Islamic extremists by the millions (let alone become responsible for the country we broke in the process).

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
Youtube video

Thought it was a pretty interesting vid. A couple military buddies of mine watched this vid, and share this guys view.

powerful stuff. i like.

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 02, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »
If you look at the comments to that, you'll find examples of the idiots who do dispute it.

The current legitimate war theater is Afghanistan and Pakistan.  Unfortunately, this war is with an ideology, not a nation.  The enemy can be anywhere and doesn't want to negotiate.  He simply wants us dead or assimilated, much like the Borg, except they don't all live in one big cube.  (Wouldn't that be nice.)  As much as I hate Bush Jr, he was spot on when he said we need to go after him and whoever harbors him, wherever that may be.  Granted, Iraq was completely stupid.  The last thing we wanted to do was destroy a powerful regime that had the means and desire to exterminate Islamic extremists by the millions (let alone become responsible for the country we broke in the process).

We were already in Afghanistan, and while I agree that we have legitimate reasons to be there, it is pretty clear that as soon as we leave the ruffians are coming back. When we invade, large groups of them can leave, while many will stay for the chance to kill Americans. Then after we secure everything, we realize they all went somewhere else and we have an excuse to go attack that country. We are going to end up having to control and support the entire region.