Author Topic: 2009 Free Indie of the Year Awards! - Bytejacker  (Read 789 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
2009 Free Indie of the Year Awards! - Bytejacker
« on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »
Woo!

Not just a list of free games that I am totally going to check out (the ones I missed, anyway), but the video is hilarious in making fun of SpikeTVs VGAs.

Offline Schlotzky5

Re: 2009 Free Indie of the Year Awards! - Bytejacker
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 05:41:04 PM »
none of those games had dual wielding shotguns? what the f**k?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 08:01:01 PM »
I just played through Icycle twice. It starts off easy enough, but soon starts requiring memorization as something kind of unexpected kills you. One screen in particular killed me at least 20 times before I got through. But then on the second play through I only died 5 times total. Currently I'm #24 on the high score list. Totally worth checking out just for how nice it looks.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 03, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »
I tried 2 more games off that list.

Jumpman is a "low res" platformer with graphics that would be at home on the Atari. But its good fun with some interesting levels, some of them you can rotate to solve. The dude slides around a bit which takes some getting used to.

Star Guard is pretty awesome, also with low-res graphics. This one has a better sense of style, though. More action focused with lots of shooting and more tight platforming. Definitely check it out.