Author Topic: Stuck / dead pixels  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Stuck / dead pixels
« on: Saturday, January 02, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
I just got this laptop a little over a week ago and there's a pixel that I assume is stuck. It could be dead, but it's bright blue and I'm just assuming for the time being that it's stuck and fixable.

I'm looking for a useful program that can help me get the pixel unstuck. I will do a google search if nothing useful comes up, but I obviously prefer seeing if anyone on here has used anything useful first.

Suggestions?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Stuck / dead pixels
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 02, 2010, 02:38:18 AM »
I know there are programs that run crazy progressions of color to try and unstick them.  I had a couple stuck pixels on m new PSP, but after a little use they eventually just unstuck.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 04, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
Yeah I've found a bunch of programs from a simple Google search but I have no clue what actually works and what is just garbage. I don't want to fuck anything up on my new computer.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 05, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
I replaced an LCD monitor twice because of dead/stuck pixels right out of the box.  I hate that shit.  They try to convince you that a few is normal too.  Not for me it isn't.

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 06, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »
My parents LCD has a stuck line. Its a tv, so usually with video its not noticeable.

Yeah, and a few isnt normal. If it were normal, the marketing shots would have dead pixels in them.