Author Topic: Shatter (PSN)  (Read 637 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Shatter (PSN)
« on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
So I picked this game up last week and it's amazing.  Basically, it's just a re-imagining of Breakout.  You can push or pull on the ball from your paddle and affect the trajectory of the ball.  This also potentially affects the movement of the pieces you're trying to hit as a lot of them are not 'fixed' in position.  There are also gravity wells and other unique pieces that just makes the game a blast to play.

It's not terribly lengthy -- the story mode is 10 worlds of about 8 waves and a boss... it can be beaten in a couple of hours.  There's a boss rush mode where you attempt to kill all 10 bosses in the shortest amount of time possible, and a bonus mode where you try to keep 3 balls in play for as long as possible.

Still, at $7.99, it's an absolute steal.  This is a real gem on the PSN store.  It did win a few awards this year as one of the best games on PSN.

Another big selling point in this game is its soundtrack.  It's got 90 minutes of original music and it's all very good.  You can listen/purchase it here.  The soundtrack is more expensive than the game, at $10.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Shatter (PSN)
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »
I was thinking of getting this the other day when I saw a video of it and completely forgot, but now I may jump it on it soon.

Offline Schlotzky5

Re: Shatter (PSN)
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
I got this a few months ago. I liked it. I just got bored with it a little quick. It took me a couple days to beat it, then I played boss rush a few times. I havent really touched it since.