Author Topic: A Serious Man  (Read 2746 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
A Serious Man
« on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
I just watched this movie and I have to say...what the fuck!? Not "what the fuck!?" as in the movie blew my mind or was seriously weird. I mean "what the fuck!?" as in what the fuck was the point of making this movie? It was about anything, it didn't have a message or even an ending. I think the Coen brothers are just churning out pretentious "Oscar fodder" and people are too afraid to say that the movie sucks because they don't want to look stupid. I however, don't care: this movie sucked!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: A Serious Man
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 03:25:28 PM »
Duality, uncertainty--you know, real life.  I thought it was brilliant.  Not a popcorn or date flick.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
No, I understood the film, I just don't see what makes it so great. I liked the acting and characters, but the story felt like mini Seinfeld marathon with the laughs.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 05:00:46 PM »
I saw it recently and enjoyed it.  It has a couple of good moments, but I do agree that it was kind of a weird movie.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »
No, I understood the film, I just don't see what makes it so great. I liked the acting and characters, but the story felt like mini Seinfeld marathon with the laughs.

Sounds pretty great to me.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »
Sounds pretty great to me.

I mean't without, my spelling/grammar always suffers when I post here for some reason.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
coen brothers stuff seems to be "aren't we clever". no you're fucking obvious. i don't know, i'm drunk. but pretension seems to be their drawing point.