Author Topic: Gorillaz  (Read 20648 times)

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
Gorillaz
« on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 06:38:04 PM »
I know we talked about these guys before, but that was way back when and I totally forgot about the thread.  I think it was when Demon Days was being released.  Anyways, I never gave them a huge chance before, and aside from Feel Good inc. I didn't think I'd like them at all.  I grabbed their two cds and b-sides disc and they have some awesome stuff.  Some of it sucks, but theres a ton of cool stuff too.

I fuckin' love Fire coming out of the monkey's head.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Gorillaz
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 06:46:39 PM »
Yeah, it was a thread I made for Demon Days you are referring to. I enjoyed Demon Days a little bit more than their self titled album.  I like El Manana and Last Living Souls the most.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »
I know we talked about these guys before, but that was way back when and I totally forgot about the thread.  I think it was when Demon Days was being released.  Anyways, I never gave them a huge chance before, and aside from Feel Good inc. I didn't think I'd like them at all.  I grabbed their two cds and b-sides disc and they have some awesome stuff.  Some of it sucks, but theres a ton of cool stuff too.

I fuckin' love Fire coming out of the monkey's head.
Fire's pretty good, yeah.

Yeah, it was a thread I made for Demon Days you are referring to. I enjoyed Demon Days a little bit more than their self titled album.  I like El Manana and Last Living Souls the most.

El Manana and Last Living Souls are very good songs.

One of my fav's is Kids With Guns.

I love Don't Get Lost In Heaven -- and the way it leads just right into the last song, Demon Days, another one of my fav songs on this album.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 03, 2006, 10:30:11 AM »
Yeah, Kids with Guns is great.  One of my favorites.

My favorite, favorite song is probably "Slow Country" from the first cd.  I just love that old-school Nintendo sounding wind.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 05, 2006, 06:19:55 PM »
I hope Gorillaz makes another album soon -- hopefully, again w/ some production by DJ Danger Mouse.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 05, 2006, 10:10:22 PM »
I heard they were actually on hiatus while Blur was making their new album.  Could be just a rumor though.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 06:35:59 PM »
NEW Gorillaz Track - "Do Ya Thing" Ft. Andre 3000 [of OutKast] and James Murphy.
FREE Download for Radio Edit version on Converse's website HERE.