Author Topic: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Coming TOMORROW on Sept 13, 2006 @ 1PM Eastern  (Read 8349 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Coming TOMORROW on Sept 13, 2006 @ 1PM Eastern
« on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »
Link:
http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=70862

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Tomorrow [September 12, 2006, 1:37 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
Sierra reveals plans to issue a demo for F.E.A.R. Extraction Point tomorrow, as they prepare to ship TimeGate's expansion for Monolith's first-person shooter by the end of next month. Word is to expect the release around 1:00 pm Eastern time:

LOS ANGELES, CA –September 12th, 2006 –Sierra Entertainment, a division of Vivendi Games, is pleased to announce that the demo for F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, the first expansion pack for one of the most critically acclaimed titles of 2005, will be released for download tomorrow (Wed, September 13th) at 10 a.m. PST.

F.E.A.R. is a paranormal action thriller presented entirely in first person, an unprecedented adrenaline rush of close quarters combat seamlessly melded with the spine-tingling, shocking intensity of the unknown.

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point kicks off where the original game ended – with a bang. The First Encounter Assault Recon Team (F.E.A.R.) returns to battle the now free Alma and her paranormal minions across a destroyed city. New locations, weaponry and enemies combine to take the F.E.A.R. franchise to new levels of action and suspense.

Developed by TimeGate Studios, F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is an intense first person close-quarters combat experience that expands and continues the rich atmosphere and engaging, paranormal horror storyline first unleashed in F.E.A.R.

To get more information on F.E.A.R, or to download the Extraction Point demo, please visit www.whatisfear.com.

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is planned to ship for PC on October 24th, 2006.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Coming TOMORROW on Sept 13, 2006 @ 1PM Easter
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »
Cool. I might check it out.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Coming TOMORROW on Sept 13, 2006 @ 1PM Eastern
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »
So how does a demo of an expansion work?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Coming TOMORROW on Sept 13, 2006 @ 1PM Easter
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »
So how does a demo of an expansion work?

Demos normally work as a stand-alones....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »
I think he's just saying expansions don't usually get demos.  I mean, technically the preceeding game should be all the demo you need.  I think it's rather silly, personally.  I have zero interest in downloading a demo of something I already know I want.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 06:31:40 PM »
I think he's just saying expansions don't usually get demos.  I mean, technically the preceeding game should be all the demo you need.  I think it's rather silly, personally.  I have zero interest in downloading a demo of something I already know I want.

I'm pretty sure Medal of Honor: Breakthrough and Call of Duty: United Offensive had demos, too -- and those full game versions were expansions, too.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Demo Coming TOMORROW on Sept 13, 2006 @ 1PM Eastern
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:22:06 PM »
I never thought about demos for expansions, but now that I do, it feels strange. :P

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:28:34 PM »
You know, we did talk about the Dawn of War expansion demo...so its not really a new concept.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:30:25 PM »
I hadn't even thought of that.  But again, I didn't care about that one either, I guess proving my point.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:37:08 PM »
You know, we did talk about the Dawn of War expansion demo...so its not really a new concept.
I didn't.  :(

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:45:41 PM »
I've played through the DoW expansion demo because I want the thing like mad. Still, it doesn't seem like it'd work as well with a FPS expansion. At least with RTS it's about seeing some of the new units and such for a game that's designed to last far longer. Any decent demo of a FPS expansion would spoil precious game time.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 02:11:10 PM »
Demo's here, clocking in at 552 MB:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/fearep/downloads/

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point single-player demo
F.E.A.R.(TM) Extraction Point
English (North America) Single Player Demo
ReadMe File
June 23, 2006

About This Document:

Thank you for playing the F.E.A.R. Extraction Point Single Player Demo.

This README file includes information that pertains to general problems and questions you may have concerning the game or your computer.

I. INTRODUCTION
===============

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is an expansion for F.E.A.R., however, the Single Player Demo is a standalone application.

The information present in this document will supplement and update the information you have received thus far to run F.E.A.R. Extraction Point. If you're having a technical problem, look here for the most recent
troubleshooting answers.

II. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND SUPPORTED CHIPSETS
==============================================

In order to install and play F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIRED

• Windows(R) XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
• DirectX(R) 9.0c August Edition (Included) or higher
• Pentium(R) 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
• 512 MB RAM or more
• 64 MB GeForce(R) 4 Ti or Radeon(R) 9000 video card
• Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
• 1.5 GB free hard drive space for installation
• Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files
• 4x CD-ROM drive (DVD-ROM drive for Director’s Edition)
• 16-bit DirectX(R) 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX(R) 2.0
• Mouse
• Keyboard

In order to play the game at the recommended resolution, detail and performance levels, your computer should meet or exceed the following specifications:

• Pentium(R) 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
• 1 GB RAM
• 256 MB Radeon(R) 9800 Pro, GeForce(R) 6600 or equivalent DirectX(R) 9 compliant video card with Hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support
• Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi(TM) series sound card

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARD CHIPSETS WITH LATEST DRIVER VERSION INFO:

ATI(R)

Catalyst(R) Drivers (Windows(R) 2000/XP): v6.1

Radeon(R) 9000 Series
Radeon(R) 9500 Series
Radeon(R) 9600 Series
Radeon(R) 9700 Series
Radeon(R) 9800 Series
Radeon(R) X600 Series
Radeon(R) X700 Series
Radeon(R) X800 Series
Radeon(R) X850 Series

NVIDIA(R)

ForceWare(R) Drivers (Windows(R) 2000/XP): v81.98

GeForce(R) 4 Ti Series
GeForce(R) FX 5900 Series
GeForce(R) 6600 Series
GeForce(R) 6800 Series
GeForce(R) 7800 Series

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that is not listed here may result in reduced performance, graphical anomalies, or both.

III. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
==============================

To begin, double-click the installation file icon. Within a few seconds, the setup application should start. Once the installer is running, just follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.

NOTE: During installation you will be prompted to install Microsoft's DirectX(R). DirectX(R) version 9.0c August Edition must be installed before playing. If you elect not to install this version, the game will not be installed.

To launch the game once installation has finished, double click the F.E.A.R. Extraction Point SP Demo icon on your desktop, or:

1) Click on the Windows(R) Start button
2) Select Programs
3) Select Sierra
4) Select FEAR Extraction Point SP Demo
5) Click on the FEAR Extraction Point SP Demo icon

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »
Its only one map for 550MB. And really...whats new compared to FEAR itself? Any new weapons? Might as well just download a custom map.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 03:40:36 PM »
Its only one map for 550MB. And really...whats new compared to FEAR itself? Any new weapons? Might as well just download a custom map.

The mini-gun is new in the Extraction Point demo.

EDIT:
In the full expansion pack, the mini-gun and laser carnine gun are new weapons.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 05:19:12 PM »
How can they not have a torrent link?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 08:10:06 PM »
Argh.  I forgot to download the damn file after I went searching for a torrent link and failed to find one.