Author Topic: Inception  (Read 31430 times)

Offline PyroMenace

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,930
Inception
« on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »
I'm sure most of you have heard of it. I'm pretty excited about it, if you don't know it is Christopher Nolan's new movie, looks crazy and awesome.

Inception Trailer

Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Inception
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »
WOah, that looks wicked!

Offline Cobra951

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8,934
Re: Inception
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
Dreamscape 2?  Not quite.  This I'll want to see.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 28, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »
It's always about the last job, isn't it?

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 07, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
Holy shit!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/

Getting rave reviews.

Quote

Inception is a masterpiece. Making a huge film with big ambitions, Christopher Nolan never missteps and manages to create a movie that, at times, feels like a miracle.

Offline Quemaqua

  • 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 16,500
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Inception
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 12:25:54 AM »
That's great to hear.  I caught a preview of it and thought it looked like it could be fantastic if done right.  I might have to actually go see this.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6,610
    • Facebook Me
Re: Inception
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 05:35:10 AM »
I was interested as soon as I saw the trailer for the first time.

Offline Cobra951

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8,934
Re: Inception
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 06:29:58 PM »
After the bummer with Last Airbender, this is very welcome news.  I really want to see this.

Offline ScaryTooth

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,502
Re: Inception
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »
Damn. I really wanted to go see this tonight at midnight as I'm off tomorrow. But my lady won't go because it's too late. Blah. So, I have to wait until Monday night.

Unless it rains tomorrow and our Zoo plans get fudged. I kind of want that to happen...

Offline scottws

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6,610
    • Facebook Me
Re: Inception
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »
Wow you're lucky.  I don't think there is a place in Cincy that does midnight showings anymore, even on weekends.  Jennie and I used to go see 10:00pm movies and then sneak into midnight ones all the time.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

  • Post-aholic
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,340
Re: Inception
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 01:25:12 AM »
I just got back from seeing a midnight showing and fuck was it awesome.  Totally fucking crazy as hell.  Go see this while it is theaters.

Offline ren

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,673
Re: Inception
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
Just came back from seeing it a few hours ago. Go watch it. That's all you need to hear.

Offline ScaryTooth

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,502
Re: Inception
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 16, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
Zoo plans didn't work out so movie it was!

Wow, that was really freaking cool. I want to see it again, cause I know there was some stuff in there that I didn't catch. I can't even begin to talk about the plot, and it would be pointless, it's something that you have to see to even understand what I'd be talking about. In a sea of reboots, sequels, and remakes, it's awesome to see that someone in the industry still has some awesome new ideas. The movie is fantastic, go see it for sure, don't miss it.

I bet the screenplay, and editing were a total bitch! But damn did it pay off.

Offline ScaryTooth

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,502

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Inception
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 17, 2010, 01:40:48 PM »
Saw this today. Wow, what a movie - awesome stuff.

Hotel Scenes
[spoiler]The hotel scenes were awesome in zero gravity - and also quite funny and comical, too. I loved when Gordon-Levitt wrapped the crew altogether and was transporting them.[/spoiler]

Ending
[spoiler]Bastards leaving it kinda hanging at the end, w/ the top wobbling back into rotation - wasn't sure if that was the "Real" world or another dream worlds. Damn open-ended endings. :P

Of course, that's the point, anyways...is it ALL just a deeply-woven complex dream or not?
[/spoiler]

Oh, BTW - I so love Ellen Page. :)

Can't wait to re-see this one on DVD. What an awesome movie.

Offline iPPi

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,159
  • Roar!
Re: Inception
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
Awesome movie.

Offline Quemaqua

  • 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 16,500
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Inception
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »
Saw it... dug it.  It was too Matrix-y for me in some ways, but on the whole I thought it was a pretty fantastic movie.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline shock

  • Poster Child
  • ***
  • Posts: 994
Re: Inception
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »
Fantastic movie.  It does what a lot of science fiction fails to do IMO: make the moviegoer believe.  It had me hooked from the beginning, and everyone else in the theater.

[spoiler]The spinning top at the end was AWESOME.  A woman literally started screaming when she wouldn't know the answer. [/spoiler]
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,717
Re: Inception
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »
[spoiler]So a lot of people point out the fact that the spinner started to falter as proof that Cobb was not dreaming. Additionally, whenever he is in a dream he wears a wedding band but never in real life. At the end, he is not wearing a ring.[/spoiler]
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline shock

  • Poster Child
  • ***
  • Posts: 994
Re: Inception
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »
[spoiler] Interesting observation about the wedding band.  I think it vibes with the movie that he was awake.  It doesn't really "fit" for me that he was dreaming and the sci-fi universe they set up.  If he was dreaming, was it a sedative induced dream or a normal one?  Sedative induced one would demand 5 layers... and that is a lot of instability, according to the rules.  I don't think the timeframe adds up either: if the WHOLE thing was a dream, he would have had to been asleep for days, even within the the 5 minute to 1 hour proportion. 

My verdict: awake.  Also, the child's faces.  [/spoiler]

I still can't get over how much I enjoyed the movie. 
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline beo

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,480
  • ****
Re: Inception
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »
awesome film!!

[spoiler]
regarding the ending, i think his wife was right... impossible to know though, and that's kind of the point! very ghost in the shell 2 in that respect.

edit - just read this piece on an ending theory and it makes a lot of sense. this is the correct explanation of the film in my mind: http://www.moviefone.co.uk/2010/07/19/inception-ending-theories/

[/spoiler]

Offline scottws

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6,610
    • Facebook Me
Re: Inception
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 07:27:21 AM »
Saw this last night and thought it was pretty awesome.  Good to see Hollywood can still make a movie like this.

[spoiler]The only part that I thought was inconsistent was near then end when Adriadne had to jump off the building in order to catch the "kick".  My impression was that the sensation of falling from the next level up would wake the person up and that it would happen without their own action in the dream.  Yet she falls in the dream and that wakes her up even though her sleeping body was falling from the collapsing bunker and should have automatically been kicked.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 08:25:04 AM by scottws »

Offline idolminds

  • ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 11,945
Re: Inception
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »
[spoiler]I haven't seen the movie yet.[/spoiler]

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Inception
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 05:57:38 AM »
LMAO @ Idol's "spoiler."

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 07:48:43 AM »
hahha

Offline Cobra951

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8,934
Re: Inception
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 09:45:31 AM »
[In my best Laurence Olivier voice]  Is it safe?

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »
Indeed.

Offline Cobra951

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8,934
Re: Inception
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »
Hahaha!

[spoiler]Neither have I.[/spoiler]

Offline scottws

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6,610
    • Facebook Me
Re: Inception
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »
So you're a spoiler checker?  I'm surprised.

Offline idolminds

  • ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 11,945
Re: Inception
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »
I havent been reading the spoilers. I just wanted to join in with the long string of spoiler posts.

Offline scottws

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6,610
    • Facebook Me
Re: Inception
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
Sorry, I was talking to Cobra.

Edit:  Aww shoot.  I just realize I missed a few posts.

Nothing to see here!

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 06:43:23 AM »
hahah Watch this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e10-insheeption

It takes a bit to warm up.

Offline Cobra951

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8,934
Re: Inception
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »
Haha!  I'm sure it will be funnier after I watch the movie.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
heheh Cobra I haven't seen it yet either, but I laughed.

Offline Ghandi

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4,804
  • HAMS
Re: Inception
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
Yeah I watched it last night, hilarious episode. The shepherd character was one of my favorite South Park characters ever.

"I'm a sheep herder."
"It's pronounced hoarder and yes you are."
"I'm actually herding sheep."
"Yes, you are hurting sheep by hoarding them. It's good you realize that."

Offline Cobra951

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 8,934
Re: Inception
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
 ;D  The biblical look alone got me chuckling.

Offline iPPi

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,159
  • Roar!
Re: Inception
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
Fuck the full episode isn't available in Canada's Comedy Network yet.  Gonna have to download it.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Inception
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »
Awesome awesome. Just saw it on blu-ray.