Author Topic: Cook an Egg on a Xbox 360!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Cook an Egg on a Xbox 360!
« on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 03:30:22 AM »

I was in a bit of pain watching this. Quite a mess.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Cook an Egg on a Xbox 360!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 04:01:18 AM »
Holy crap, I guess people weren't exaggerating about the heat a 360 can put out.  Didn't Microsoft recently extend their warranty on the faulty 360s though?  I might be wrong, but if I'm not that guy just ruined his chance at getting it fixed or getting a new one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 07:49:50 AM »
How funny.  I haven't had any problems with my system, but I tell you... that kind of shit makes me want to buy one of those aftermarket things with all the fans and junk.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:20:09 AM »
Holy crap, I guess people weren't exaggerating about the heat a 360 can put out.  Didn't Microsoft recently extend their warranty on the faulty 360s though?  I might be wrong, but if I'm not that guy just ruined his chance at getting it fixed or getting a new one.
Yeah, I remember MS actually recalled a few systems, and anyone who had one of the faulty systems could exchange it with a new one. Que's system would have to be a good one; the only ones affected were the among the first batch of 360's to be sold.

Hehe I'm thinkin' "Dude if you wanna get rid of a 360, just give it to me!"

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 09:42:04 AM »
How funny.  I haven't had any problems with my system, but I tell you... that kind of shit makes me want to buy one of those aftermarket things with all the fans and junk.

There was an article on digg a while ago that theorized that these add ons were probably doing more harm than good.  I'll see if I can dfind it.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 12:40:42 PM »

...because there sure as hell aren't any good games to play on it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
...because there sure as hell aren't any good games to play on it.
Um Que, you wanna take this one? :P

Hehe actually I couldn't care less because I quit consoles altogether.. At least until I get back home and chill out with my brother. Then we'll get some action gaming goin' on. Even then I imagine we'll be doing a lot more LAN gaming than console gaming.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 02, 2006, 08:31:22 PM »
Dead Rising is awesome.  Kameo is pretty cool.  Dead or Alive 4 is a great fighter.  That's all I own now, so I can't say much more, but you can damn well bet that I'm picking up Gears of War on the 7th.  And there's an awful lot of good-looking stuff in the pipeline for the near future.  I'm still not its biggest fan or anything, but I think there'll be some more good shit soon.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野