Author Topic: Things I Hate: The Revival  (Read 1504 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Things I Hate: The Revival
« on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 05:40:04 PM »
I haven't done this in quite some time and I'm bored...so here goes it:

I hate cell phones, they're very useful if you're stranded somewhere or for emergencies, but they suck for everything else. I guess it doesn't help that I hate talking on the phone and I absolutely detest texting, but thats not why I hate cell phones. I hate them because people, for some reason, assume that since you have a cell phone they can call you at anytime day or night. Before, when the only way to get in touch with me was on the house phone, no one called at 1am or woke me up for dumb shit at 8am. Cell phones give people some self affirmation to pester other people.

I hate libertarians, they have no idea what they're talking about. Their way of thinking goes against every innate bone in every human being's body and it can never work. Just look what happened to the banks/wall street/oil companies when you just relax the rules, things go horribly wrong. Could you imagine having little to no rules at all? First of all, there are no libertarian countries for a reason and if there were one...who decided to make it libertarian? Obviously some had to be in charge to make that decision, right?

I hate when I say I don't like a movie thats critically acclaimed and people say I didn't like it because I didn't understand it. Here is my take on it: If I have to go online and read theories and research the movie after wards to understand it, the movie failed. I consider myself pretty intelligent, I don't need you to spell it out for me, but you have to give me something to work with. Perhaps I did understand the movie and thats why I hated it. How about you didn't understand or like the movie either, but you're afraid of looking stupid or unsophisticated and won't admit the movie sucked.

I hate sports "fans" who don't root for the home team, but there are some exceptions: You used to live where the other team was the home team or you actually know someone on the team. I live in Virginia and the Washington Redskins haven't been good for over a decade now, so we have a lot of fair weather fans and people who root for rivals and whatnot. I have a friend who is a giant Steelers fan and I can't figure out why, he's never even been to Pittsburgh and he doesn't know anyone on the team. How did he pick them as "his team"? The only thing I can think of is they were winning or won the Super Bowl and he decided to cheer for them from now on. Since they're not the home team I can't see what he has to lose if they also lose, where is the pride!?