Author Topic: Advance Wars  (Read 962 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Advance Wars
« on: Saturday, June 26, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
So, the thing about Android phones is that they don't have that market lockdown that Apple has.  What does that mean?  Well, a lot of shitty apps (actually, probably the same ratio), but also motherfucking emulators.  So, I've been playing around with them.  Now, controls for something like Mario World or Sonic are hard to get used to whether on the keyboard or touchscreen, but it seems things like RPGS and Strategy games work very well.  So, thought I'd try out Advance Wars on a GBA emulator.

PRODUCTIVITY HAS HIT ROCK BOTTOM.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Advance Wars
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 26, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
I always wanted to play this game.

So, the thing about Android phones is that they don't have that market lockdown that Apple has.  What does that mean?  Well, a lot of shitty apps (actually, probably the same ratio), but also motherfucking emulators. 

Yeah, you pretty much have to jailbreak the Apple stuff - you get access to all of these things.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 26, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »
Sonic should be easy.  That game only needs one button plus directionals.  Mario World is an entirely different proposition.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 26, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
Yeah, that's not a bad point actually.  I used sonic as an example seeing as I haven't loaded a Sega emu up yet.  I have tried Mario and a few other SNES platformers and, while functional, touch screen buttons and pads just really aren't my thing. The Droid does have a directional pad on the keyboard, but it's only 4-directional and not really meant for gaming at all.