Author Topic: Drat! Niel Gaiman won't write a vampire book now...  (Read 2305 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Drat! Niel Gaiman won't write a vampire book now...
« on: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2010/07/neil-gaiman-news-to-make-you-hate-twilight-even-more

Because of fucking twilight. I hate you twilight. Go to hell and die please.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Drat! Niel Gaiman won't write a vampire book now...
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
I hate to see great artists affected by little bits of shit like Twilight. Although I expect Gaiman may, directly or indirectly, contribute to the revival of the true vampire novel.

Stardust is one of my favourite modern-day fairy tales and now I always have great expectations from Gaiman.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 06:02:50 PM »
Never heard of the guy.  I'll have to look into his stuff.

Also, +1 on Twilight sucks.  Have you been in a bookstore lately?  It's like a million Twilight knockoffs so bad they even try to make the covers look similar.  That and Tom Clancy clones.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 10:52:30 PM »
How have you never heard of fucking Neil Gaiman?  What's wrong with you?

But yeah, this pissed me off too.  But... eh.  I'm really super done with vampires for a long fucking time, so it's cool if he decides to abstain.  We have to wait for them to not be retarded anymore.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 03:41:20 AM »
hahah well I don't think it is too outrageous or unexpected that Scottws hasn't heard of him. Aside from his short stories, he is best known for writing some fantastic comic book stories, so yea.

I am currently in the middle of fragile things, which is a fantastic collection of short stories.

As for Niel Gaiman not wishing to write vampire stories because of Twilight, well... I guess Twilight pushed it over the edge, but vampires lost their place in horror a long time ago.