Author Topic: AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Now Available Through Steam  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Now Available Through Steam
« on: Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »
Kind of an odd development, in my opinion.

Here's the story.

Basically, Steam now has an option in the Steam menu that checks for video driver updates. Gonna check it out and update to Catalyst 10.9 which also came out today.

UPDATE:
Okaaay.. I may be mistaken, maybe I just have a comprehension problem, but when I read an article that boasts about "ATI drivers now available through Steam!!" I would naturally expect it to work through Steam, I expected it to at least figure out my card and download the driver through Steam.. Apparently the new menu item is just a link that opens your browser to the ATI/AMD driver page. Y'know, the one we all visit to get driver updates. Oooooh, like I couldn't have gone there myself. Frickin' jerk off marketing bullshit.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Now Available Through Steam
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 16, 2010, 06:35:06 AM »
That reminds me, I probably need to update my nvidia drivers, I haven't checked up on it in a while. Though I think Windows 7 will update them automatically.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Now Available Through Steam
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 16, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »
That reminds me, I probably need to update my nvidia drivers, I haven't checked up on it in a while. Though I think Windows 7 will update them automatically.
No, Windows 7 won't update them automatically.  Drivers are optional updates.  You can run Windows Update manually and see if it has any optional updates available.  If so you can select and install them if you wish.