Author Topic: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters  (Read 3164 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
« on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 11:05:24 PM »
It won't be, but I so want this to be good.

15 years after their traumatic gingerbread-house incident, siblings Hansel and Gretel have become a formidable team of bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world.
I would have green lit that project.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 11:23:58 PM »
Dude, that does sound awesome. I hope it is at least wildly entertaining!

It sounds like a new Buffy.

Btw, have you guys watched the new TV series Grimm and Once Upon A Time?

They're basically re-imaginings of the source material.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
No, haven't seen those. Usually fairytale stuff ends up being kind of cheesy and I sorta figured those would be.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 02:35:25 AM »
No, haven't seen those. Usually fairytale stuff ends up being kind of cheesy and I sorta figured those would be.
Yeah, I agree. I haven't watched either yet so I can't really judge but from what I heard about Grimm is apparently it's a in a modern day setting and the Brothers Grimm are criminal investigators or analysts or something. Sounds interesting but it's running the risk of alienating the source material completely. Maybe that's what the producers want.

So far my favourite "fairy tale" styled show is Pushing Daisies. Bryant Fuller is a genius.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 02:42:08 AM »
Well I'm sure Idol knows what I'm going to say but I'll say it for everyone else if you are interested in this sort of thing.

Read Fables and everything associated, like Jack of Fables, that is all you'll need.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 07:43:18 AM »

I've been watching them, and yeah, they're nothing special.  So far, Grimm goes like this, every time:  A crime happens that involves some creature related to some fairy tale.  They look human to people, except this cop whose name is Grimm.  Yep, he is related to the fairytale guys who wrote the stories, the premise being that the stories were not so fictional after all.  He somehow just happens to get involved with every one of these cases, which happen week after week in his jurisdiction.  No, not cheesy at all.   :P

Once Upon a Time is more like a saga that in some ways reminds me of other supernatural-tinged stories, like all the vampire crap.  The protagonists right now seem to be Snow White and Prince Charming, except that they're in the modern world and don't know who they are.  Some curse through the centuries from some witch is involved.  Wonderful excuse to stretch out the storyline as long as the ratings promote it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 10:04:58 AM »
I just saw the first 7 mins of the first episode of Once Upon A Time.. Gawd.. The acting is terrible. It's just terrible. Some of the lines are just awful, I'm surprised it was delivered with a straight face!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
Yes I agree with pyro, if you want a different/modern update on fairytales then check out Fables.