Author Topic: £1 million worth of 360s Stolen  (Read 2902 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
£1 million worth of 360s Stolen
« on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 10:41:04 PM »

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: £1 million worth of 360s Stolen
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »
Sheesh. Maybe they should protect shipments worth 1.5 million dollars?

And what the hell is a lorry?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:48:33 PM »
And what the hell is a lorry?

I think it is just a British word for a semi or some kind of shipping truck.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:59:41 PM »
Fucking crazy.  The gaming world has changed so much in the last few years.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 12:24:33 AM »
I think it is just a British word for a semi or some kind of shipping truck.

;D

Yea this stupid place was a colony of the British Empire, who sucked out all its life and then left 50 years ago. I am not bitter, I don't care.  But yea, some of the "gifts" they gave Pakistan/India etc. was some of the lingo. Lorry is basically as you say a shipping truck, and is a very commonly used word in Pakistan. In fact someone from Lahore (a famous Pakistani city) is also called a Lorry, so comedians here make stupid lame puns all the time about the Lorry in a Lorry etc.

But yea Que, you are right. I was thinking about this a few days ago as well,that gaming has become so mainstream that it has attached itself to so many issues that come with the territory. This is the first time I've heard of so many crimes associated with consoles, it is just crazy. I don't know if I like things better now.

There are more of us now it seems, and I suppose that means a bigger market when our website goes online.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 08:33:53 AM »
Hehe I remember when I had to convert all my English vocabulary so people here would understand what I was talking about :P I couldn't believe that no one had any idea what a lorry was. For me a truck and a lorry are two different things.. A lorry is like those MACK shipping trucks. A truck is more like a Uhaul or a garbage truck.

Hehe it took me a while to get used to saying "pants" for trousers too.. Now I just call them trousers and and what I wear under are "underpants." I've gradually erased the word "pants." Too confusing.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »
When I hear the word "lorry," I think of slurry.  I don't know why, but I suppose it has something to do with the "_rry."  But "lorry" is a pretty girly-sounding word for a big ass semi truck.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 09:33:44 AM »
Hehe I remember when I had to convert all my English vocabulary so people here would understand what I was talking about :P I couldn't believe that no one had any idea what a lorry was. For me a truck and a lorry are two different things.. A lorry is like those MACK shipping trucks. A truck is more like a Uhaul or a garbage truck.

Hehe it took me a while to get used to saying "pants" for trousers too.. Now I just call them trousers and and what I wear under are "underpants." I've gradually erased the word "pants." Too confusing.

Hah, I remember when I first moved to Canada, I was in kindergarden and we had this sheet where we named clothes. I had trousers for pants, jumper for sweater and wellies for boots. I knew it was wrong but couldn't think of what the crazy Canadians called them.

Now how are they going to manage to sell all those xboxes without arousing suspicion?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 10:38:53 AM »
You mean how are we?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 10:48:27 AM »
Haha the mob has connections :P

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 01:56:03 PM »
Now how are they going to manage to sell all those xboxes without arousing suspicion?

ebay?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 25, 2006, 02:25:12 PM »
I think the serial numbers on the 360s could be used to see if they turn up or at least raise a red flag on Xbox live?