Author Topic: A LOT of Unexpected Titles now listed in Steam Registry (Halo 1,2,3; Fez; etc)  (Read 1889 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
A LOT of Unexpected Titles now listed in Steam Registry - i.e. Halo 1,2,3; Fez; etc.

Here’s the listing for Halo 3 (via GAF). You can find the complete list of all the games that have been found so far below, and plenty of them are already confirmed to be heading to Steam.
Games like Fez are obvious because if you’re going to release it on the PS3, it should also be released on the PC.

La-Mulana
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Fez
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Dyad
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Retro/Grade
Resident Evil: Revelations
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Space
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

Has something gone wrong or Halo 3 is indeed coming to the PC? Well, we know for a fact that earlier Microsoft was planning to monetize Steam, so time will tell, but for now there’s hope considering this Steam database tool has been mostly accurate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: A LOT of Unexpected Titles now listed in Steam Registry (Halo 1,2,3; Fez; etc)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 03, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
La-Mulana got greenlit. Duke and Shadow Warrior are on GoG so that wouldnt be that surprising. Fez is sort of expected even if nothing has been announced.

The Halo games are a weird standout. King of Fighters XIII seems weird but fighters are becoming more common on PC, and in fact the arcade version of KoFXIII is the Taito Type X, which is more or less a WinXP PC inside. So that wouldn't shock me too much. The 2002 and 98 UM ones are kind of off the wall.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: A LOT of Unexpected Titles now listed in Steam Registry (Halo 1,2,3; Fez; etc)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 03, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
I could see Halo Trilogy coming to Steam. They been looking at Steam as a option.
Plus, the game's old and PC gamers been asking for it, for years - and the X360's pretty much on its last legs in its console cycle.
Personally, I'd also love to see Gears of War 2 + 3 and especially Fable 2 finally come to the PC, as well.

I'm wondering how well some of their Microsoft-published Indie titles on Steam (Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight) and Fable 3 sold on Steam; especially during the Steam Winter Sale.

Microsoft has been publishing a few more titles on Steam lately. Recently, Microsoft has their 5-Game Indie Bundle on Amazon DVG (that requires Steam) - and I'm betting it sold well on Amazon DVG; especially during that EC Coupon Sale.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 04, 2013, 04:31:09 AM »
F*$% Halo. PC has moved on well past it and onto far greener pastures.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 04, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »
FEZ YES PLZ

I'd get Fez irregardless of Steam. Because I want it bad and have for a while, and my 360 is dead, never to live again (RIP, you piece of shit).

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »
F*$% Halo. PC has moved on well past it and onto far greener pastures.

So much for that...so far & for now, I guess...
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227334p1.html

UPDATE 2: We've received a quote from a Microsoft spokesperson: "We currently do not have plans to release any 'Halo' titles on Steam."