Author Topic: Explosions at Boston Marathon  (Read 15855 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Explosions at Boston Marathon
« on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
Links not required, check any news site on the internet.

Two explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. From the photos and one video I saw, they were separated by about a block and were roughly 15 seconds apart. Reports coming in are always crazy but Ive heard 2-3 dead and at least 20 injured.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 01:31:21 PM »
''I started running toward the blast. And there were people all over the floor,'' he said. ''We started grabbing tourniquets and started tying legs. A lot of people amputated. ... At least 25 to 30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing.''

Jeeze.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
A hell of a way to be reminded that we are at war with the greatest evil of the modern age.  My condolences to the suffering innocents.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
Well that's the way they see it too.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »
Could be another McVeigh for all we know, best not to jump to conclusions.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
They just had the Boston Police talk on TV (press conference) about stuff, including JFK Library Building.
They said it was only a electrical fire there - and reports are wrong on the JFK Library.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
Yeah. True.

I am sorry this has happened, but this isn't registering with me... I think with the way things have going to hell in Pakistan after the war on terror... with incidents like this happening regularly... it is just not registering so heavily with me. I guess the impact isn't as high emotionally, because it is a hell of a thing to get used to.

But it is unusual to happen in America and I hope they catch those responsible.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
That's how all these things are. We hear something bad happen in <FAR OFF LAND> and you go "Oh that's terrible." and then go about your day. It only registers when its close to home.

And yeah D, news reports are hard to even follow right now. All these news organizations rush to report things first that they end up reporting things wrong. I wish I could ignore it for a couple days and then just read the actual facts.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 03:22:25 PM »
Obviously D is Ok. Anyone else from Boston on here?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »
Could be another McVeigh for all we know, best not to jump to conclusions.

I'd like to second this.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 15, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »
Holy Hell!! Thank God D is alright!

Seriously, what's up with that douchebag, Erik Rush?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
Crazy world. I really have nothing to say... I just don't understand any of it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »
I hope my comments didn't seen insensitive. I guess I am worried that the incident didn't feel as shocking to me as it once would have. To be honest, I think that is the same for many Americans. I was looking at the comment sections of websites like CNN etc and people are disturbed, yet not to the point where the country shuts down.

As Que said, Crazy world I guess.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »
I just saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgUUm8mcqz

And now it has finally hit me. The world is so fucked... and people are so mentally past it. :(

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
FBI released images of 2 suspects, hoping anyone can help identify them. The FBI.gov web site went down INSTANTLY due to traffic.

Also some conspiracy nutter attempted to ask a question/form a complete sentence at the press conference and got a nice hearty "NEXT QUESTION" in response. It was pretty funny.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »
Yea that guy was crazy...

Go through these... funny in spite of the seriousness of it all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1cmte0/photos_of_2_suspects_in_boston_bombing_released/

I lost it at "glad they aren't orcs"

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 11:52:13 PM »
They might have them after tonight....dead or alive to be determined. There was a robbery where a police officer was shot and killed. Chase ensues, shots fired, suspects even had grenades! They are not going without a fight but it seems pretty clear these are the bombers.

EDIT Police now confirming its the white hat guy, and hes still on the loose.

EDIT2 First suspect may have been killed. 2nd suspect has gone missing in a neighborhood. They found a house with an open door and sent dogs in. Evacuating the neighborhood.

But all this stuff is basically things being said on the police radio. Real details will come when it isnt utter chaos.

Gah...fuck it, Im going to sleep. I keep refreshing threads to try keep up but I'm so tired.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 19, 2013, 12:35:10 AM by idolminds »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 12:40:32 AM »
The internet has identified this boy as the first bomber. Born and bred in America. Hindu origin. Not Muslim. Not Middle Eastern.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/sunil-tripathi-missing-brown-university_n_2947997.html

He disappeared a month ago. I feel very sorry for his family. They seem like nice people. :(

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 03:59:02 AM »
Now they are saying it was Russians. Wtf.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 07:18:46 AM »
This is crazy. I stayed up till 4am watching the news but I couldn't stay awake anymore. And the dude is still at large? Man this is nuts!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
Yea the boys were identified. They had no money so they robbed a store and then killed some cop at MIT after which they carjacked an SUV and threw bombs at random targets until they were attacked by cops. Crazy stuff. And yes, people have been up following this!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 08:50:32 AM »

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »
It's the Chechnyan branch of Islamic terrorism.  Only that brand of animals targets crowds of innocent civilians for effect.  We let these bastards in, and from what I'm reading, it looks like one of them got a scholarship to a college in the area.  How's that for irony?  We know who the enemy is, he keeps wounding us, and we continue to put on the PC blinders, even facilitating his insurgency at times.  I guess we deserve what we get for being so stupid.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »
Last time I checked they didn't have a big "TERRORIST" written on their forehead when they came to America.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
It's the Chechnyan branch of Islamic terrorism.  Only that brand of animals targets crowds of innocent civilians for effect.  We let these bastards in, and from what I'm reading, it looks like one of them got a scholarship to a college in the area.  How's that for irony?  We know who the enemy is, he keeps wounding us, and we continue to put on the PC blinders, even facilitating his insurgency at times.  I guess we deserve what we get for being so stupid.

You make consistently bigoted statements without any grounds or research. I don't even know why I respond. I am not even surprised anymore. Their father is in Russia, not Chechnya. He was just on TV in Russia and was distraught. He said he can't believe his sons did this and he thinks they were framed.

They were in the USA at least 8 years. Before that they spent a few years in a part of Russia which wasn't Chechnya., while before that they indeed were in Chechnya. The younger one, who is 19, was less than 7 or something when he left.

I think you were just waiting for an Islamic link before you let it out as usual. From what I have seen the younger one was a little Islamic i.e. he prayed, but the older one did not.

What about the cinema shootings, the the Oklahoma bombings, the others before that, columbine, the high shootings etc. Were they buy Muslims? Aside from 9/11, how many Muslims have attacked USA?

Anyway, all of this is really depressing.

I have been following this a little too closely, and I don't understand how one person can just take another's life just like that. It is heart breaking to see this 19 year old. He looks so young. He is just a kid. He had been in America for 8 years and his friends can't believe it. The victims and that kid with brain damage.

Not a single person so far has anything bad to say about them. One kid said he really respects the 19 year old and that had he not backed him, he wouldn't have gotten far in school.  

What happened? There is no Islamic connection. These boys had no training. There is no link to Chechnya whatsoever. They have been in America.

I don't understand and it just sucks to see so much suffering. Something in this boy snapped. He was a good kid. They seemed to have a tough life at home. The first seemed to have had a falling out with his brother's family in America and spent a lot of time away from them, so the 19 year old looked to his brother.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »
Well I wouldn't go so far as to ignore the Chechen connection all together. Just because they were young or didn't live in Chechnya or Russia for a long time or at all doesn't mean they weren't influenced by the culture. Chechens are ... something... and have a long history of prosecution, rebellions and also lots of hate for other cultures. They aren't all angels and numerous terror acts have been perpetrated by them in recent years in Russia. Remember the Beslan school hostage situation?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 19, 2013, 02:59:27 PM by Cools! »

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »
That's how all these things are. We hear something bad happen in <FAR OFF LAND> and you go "Oh that's terrible." and then go about your day. It only registers when its close to home.

This is a great comment. After reading what Pug wrote I immediately thought it was going to be misinterpreted and blow up into something but you gave it great context.

It's the Chechnyan branch of Islamic terrorism.  Only that brand of animals targets crowds of innocent civilians for effect.  We let these bastards in, and from what I'm reading, it looks like one of them got a scholarship to a college in the area.  How's that for irony?  We know who the enemy is, he keeps wounding us, and we continue to put on the PC blinders, even facilitating his insurgency at times.  I guess we deserve what we get for being so stupid.

Seriously? I don't think there's a single sentence in here that makes sense.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »
Sounds like he got away for now. The "stay indoors" order has been lifted. It sucks, but they got some good out of the whole thing. 1 suspect is gone, they know the identities for sure, and they have suspect 1s phone...so they are going to know everyone he called and everyone who called him. Thats going to be a lot of good intel.

Suspect 2 isnt going to get far. Everyone knows what he looks like, he probably has no money, and hes useless to any "group" he might be a part of. Hes no longer useful to go on missions and hes a walking liability. I imagine they would want him dead, too.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/19/bombing-suspect-attended-umass-dartmouth-prompting-school-closure-college-friend-shocked-charge-boston-marathon-bomber/8gbczia4qBiWMAP0SQhViO/story.html

Go through that link. It doesn't feel real. I think they just expected to get on with their lives. When the FBI put up their pictures, they panicked!

Suspect 2 isnt going to get far. Everyone knows what he looks like, he probably has no money, and hes useless to any "group" he might be a part of. Hes no longer useful to go on missions and hes a walking liability. I imagine they would want him dead, too.

I agree. He can't get far. I don't know if he is part of a group or if the brothers were just acting on their own.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »
Woah, shit is going down again. Shots fired, a body or a person was discovered in a boat in someones yard. Dummy rounds and tear gas fired in.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
Yea follow Anonymous on Twitter!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 04:41:54 PM »
@YourAnonNews

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »
And if you don't have twitter you can get live updates from some dude with a scanner here:

http://www.reddit.com/user/satbirkira

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
Looks like they got him!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Yup.  Any word on how injured he is?  At first it sounded like they didn't think he was going to make it, but it could have just been transcribed incorrectly from the scanner.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
Re: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 07:18:33 PM »
Obviously D is Ok. Anyone else from Boston on here?

I am, and was supposed to go to the marathon with my cousins & sister.  My cousin is a nursing student and volunteered to help the runners hydrate or whatever at the finish line.  We all got absolutely hammered the night before, slept in late and missed it.  How the story has developed (especially in the last 24 hours) seems like fantasy.  It's a relief to hear he was captured alive, if only to give us an insight into the whys.  It could be the difference between the pugnates and the cobras of the world finding reasons to argue about the unanswerable questions (no offense to you fellas)

Edit: gpw, reddit is where I've been following this.. All I've heard is a negotiator talked him out of the boat.  I don't even know if the people standing in the streets of Watertown even saw what went down.  Local media has been just as bad.