Author Topic: 4.0  (Read 6241 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »
I just check my grades for summer quarter... Another 4.0!  That's four in a row!  I really didn't expect it this quarter.  In a technical writing class, I turned in the second biggest paper two weeks late.  And in a class called "computational concepts in IT," which was about working with binary and hexidecimal in terms of floating point math and also error correction and compression (i.e. fucking hard), I didn't even turn in 60% of the homeworks until the last day, and even then, some of them weren't even done because the problems were too hard.

Anyway, I certainly am pretty happy about this.  I'm almost back up to a 3.9 overall.   ^-^

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: 4.0
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 09:28:52 PM »
YTMND! Congrats.  O0

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 06:54:02 PM »
So how much longer until your free of formal education?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 07:30:56 PM »
You suck.  How come you get to be smart and I'm stuck here with my endless stockpiles of stupidity?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 07:58:12 PM »
Nice. 

Unfortunately my studies are tough enough that I have to work hard to keep my GPA up.  I slack and it goes all the way down the 3.0.  It's my last year in undergraduate studies, so I get to graduate this year!  Gonna work hard this year :).

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 07:59:09 PM »
Fuck man.

This is my first semester of college and I am fucking scared.  I am used to getting 4.0s, but I picked a really difficult school.

I am studying and reading my ass off, but I am still terrified I will get like a 2.3 or something.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 08:28:58 PM »
Nice!

A bit of a turnaround from your original days eh?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 09:56:19 PM »
Congrats!

edit:

Wait I already congratulated him.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 15, 2006, 06:26:17 AM »
So how much longer until your free of formal education?
2-3 years. :(  It takes forever when you are in a night program.

Fuck man.

This is my first semester of college and I am fucking scared.  I am used to getting 4.0s, but I picked a really difficult school.

I am studying and reading my ass off, but I am still terrified I will get like a 2.3 or something.
At schools that are difficult, they load up the first and second semesters with really hard classes to weed the pretenders out.  You'll be fine.  Personally, I think college is a lot less stressful than highschool.  Less classes, less quizzes and homework, less papers, etc.  Plus the class atmosphere is a lot more relaxed.  I remember feeling really wierd the first time I wore a baseball cap to school.

Nice!

A bit of a turnaround from your original days eh?
No kidding.  I once got a 0.8.