Author Topic: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome  (Read 15820 times)

Offline scottws

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6,610
    • Facebook Me
Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
« on: Monday, June 09, 2014, 04:35:17 AM »
I saw Edge of Tomorrow yesterday and thought it was great!  As you've probably picked up on from the trailers, it has a similar premise to Groundhog Day except it is about battle against alien invaders.  The pace of the movie was perfect, the acting was top-notch, and the effects and cinematography were great.

Anyone interested in discussing the ending?

[spoiler]When Cage killed the omega and its blood got on him, I started thinking that it was some sort of survival mechanism for the omega.  Like: "You're not done yet!"  But instead it jumps him back to the start of the film (rather than when he recovers consciousness after being brought into the UDF) and the omega and all the mimics are dead.  Anyone have any theories on why his time got moved back that far and yet the aliens were dead?[/spoiler]

Offline angrykeebler

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,717
Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 09, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
I am looking forward to this very much!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline ren

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,673
Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 05:02:08 PM »
I liked it a lot too. It's been to long since I watched it to remember the details of the ending though.

Offline Quemaqua

  • 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 16,500
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »
Haven't heard of this, but sounds kind of cool.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »
I thought it was a lot like a video game!