Author Topic: What's Goin' On?  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
What's Goin' On?
« on: Saturday, August 09, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
Hi everybody!

I just miss chatting with you all :) What's goin' on with everyone lately?

On an odd tangent, is anyone having difficulty typing lately? Do you find your typos are occurring more often than usual?

It's kind of a weird coincidence I noticed this past week with myself, my brother, and people in my office. We're all, very strangely, having this really odd week where typing has become a monumental challenge.

P.S. I have had to go over that paragraph and this sentence several times to correct typos. WTF.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: What's Goin' On?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 09, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
I'm just a naturally talented bad speller so nothing out of the ordinary to report.

Not too much new going on here. My high speed internet project hit a snag, we have to make the tower even taller which will require buying another section to add on to it. Great. Even that is no guarantee so I hope it works. If nothing else the taller tower will help with TV reception. So theres that.

County fair was on this week so the family went. Had a good time but damn is fair food expensive! Funnel cakes and elephant ears were $6 each! Its just fried bread/batter! I saw mozzarella sticks for $7, deep fried oreos were 5 for $6, and other insanity. So I didn't eat as much this year. I'll just buy the stuff to make it all myself. It'll kill me faster for less money.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 09, 2014, 05:01:09 PM »
No typo increase here, that I've noticed.

Been reading a lot. Finished watching True Detective, bought a bunch of books, going through stuff at the house to sell (see the relevant thread if you want to buy my crap). Uh... that's about it, I guess!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 09, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »

The thread title whisked me away to a better time.  Sorry.

My mom had cataract surgery on Wednesday, so I've been taking care of her.  She's doing fine now.  I'm still putting in her eye drops because she keeps missing her eye when she tries it.  Ha.

Still playing AC4 every day, though not for as long anymore.  Best game ever.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 07:34:34 AM »
I was in Nashville for the passed couple weeks, then had some bad family stuff go down right after. Anyway, I think things will start looking up again. Classes start this week and I hope this semester won't be as anxiety inducing as the last.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:11:05 AM »
I was in Nashville for the passed couple weeks, then had some bad family stuff go down right after. Anyway, I think things will start looking up again. Classes start this week and I hope this semester won't be as anxiety inducing as the last.
Good luck, man. Stay positive and things are bound to look up.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »

What are you taking, yo?

As for me, I've discovered that I love golf, even though I'm completely fucking terrible at it.    "I got this, I'm going to nail this ball off the tee!"  Aaaaaand top it so it goes about twenty feet on the ground.  WTF? 

I'm also working as a project manager and wondering why everyone is so fucking unreliable all the time, but that's just life I guess.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:15:42 PM »
Fortunately most of my basic stuff still transferred from the university I was at all those years ago, so most of it is science stuff which is my major. I got political science 2, biology structure and function, organic chemistry, and genetics.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »
I've been trying to enjoy the summer as much as possible. I barely have anything to do right now work wise (more on that at some point in the future) so I've been trying to do more biking, reading and photo taking. Also, I tried online dating, with hilarious results, aka, my "experiments". I wrote "tried" because I was only active for maybe 2 weeks before I ended up meeting someone in real life. Combined, I would say I'm in a weird state of mind right now. I've been rethinking my priorities and interests and you could say I'm having an existential crisis of sorts, which has been in the brewing for the last couple of years. 

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
What are you taking, yo?

As for me, I've discovered that I love golf, even though I'm completely fucking terrible at it.    "I got this, I'm going to nail this ball off the tee!"  Aaaaaand top it so it goes about twenty feet on the ground.  WTF? 

I'm also working as a project manager and wondering why everyone is so fucking unreliable all the time, but that's just life I guess.
I worked on a huge multi-year project that completed in December.  In the end it was a success, but there were resources on the project that were total dead weight.  The problem was that the other people in their departments were even more worthless.  I ended up having to learn way more than I should have about payroll and human resources policies, practices, procedures, and terminology just so that we could actually make it through.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »
I worked on a huge multi-year project that completed in December.  In the end it was a success, but there were resources on the project that were total dead weight.  The problem was that the other people in their departments were even more worthless.  I ended up having to learn way more than I should have about payroll and human resources policies, practices, procedures, and terminology just so that we could actually make it through.

You know that saying which basically says "None of us know what we're doing, we're all just winging it and trying to hide it?"  It's not true.  There are legitimately people out there who don't know what they're doing and also don't even bother winging it...they just do the part where they try to hide it.

I'm essentially a very highly paid babysitter. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re:
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »
The important thing is to try. Keep trying.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re:
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 05, 2014, 02:27:09 AM »
It's is 46 degrees Celsius out today. Holy Hell. When I went outside it felt like I stepped into an open air toaster or something.

I felt compelled to share.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 05, 2014, 04:40:17 AM »
Let's see . . . body temperature is 98.6F or 37C, so . . . Jesus Christ, man!  Stay in the AC.  Damn.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 05, 2014, 07:40:02 AM »
Haha it was pretty F-ing hot today!

The temp has dropped to about 37C (~99F) yet the humidity shot up, so when you're soaked you at least have the comfort of knowing it's not all sweat, there's a fair share of condensation on your skin.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »
I was in Casablanca, Morocco two years ago, in mid-June, and it was the best weather we had all trip.  70s, dry, and a cloudless blue sky.  Gorgeous place too.  Gibraltar was much hotter, hazier and steamier.  That really surprised me.  I expected oppressive heat anywhere in Northern Africa that time of year, similar to what you've been suffering.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:52:08 AM »
I was in Casablanca, Morocco two years ago, in mid-June, and it was the best weather we had all trip.  70s, dry, and a cloudless blue sky.  Gorgeous place too.  Gibraltar was much hotter, hazier and steamier.  That really surprised me.  I expected oppressive heat anywhere in Northern Africa that time of year, similar to what you've been suffering.
Oh yeah, North Africa is usually milder than the Arabian Gulf. It's when you reach the more arid regions, like the Northern Sahara, that it gets unbearable. I think it actually snowed last year in Egypt. It's pretty wild there :P