Author Topic: I got rid of Facebook.  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
I got rid of Facebook.
« on: Sunday, September 07, 2014, 09:45:04 AM »
And it's weird. I feel really happy about it, but I do notice I don't have a go-to "I'm going to click on this and waste a few minutes" thing anymore. Which is good, because that was part of the reason I wanted to get rid of it, as those few minutes would sometimes multiply, and they were almost invariably a total waste.

I should post more shit here, I guess?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: I got rid of Facebook.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 07, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »
Yay! More activity over here is always a good thing :D

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 07, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
I have like 40 people on my friends list on Facebook, and I only see updates from 4 of them. I get something new on my news feed like every other day. However, I use the chat system to talk to people multiple times a day. It's like the new AIM for me (since I know 1 person who still uses AIM, but almost everyone I know uses FB).

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 07, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
I stayed there for business contacts. Eventually it became not worth the depressing bullshit and argumentative nature of people who seem to exist to just troll your shit.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 07, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
Since I live away from my family and friends, I'm on it mostly to see what's going on in their lives and to keep them updated on mine.

I do hate Facebook though and would love to get rid of it.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 07, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
Facebook Messenger is my primary mode of keeping in touch with people and arranging events so I'm basically always on it.

The website itself is pretty useless to me though. Messenger is basically MSN Messenger all over again which is all I really want out of social media.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re:
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 08, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »
I have Facebook but maybe use it about twice a year.   Its great to get a hold of someone you haven't talked to in years, but that's about it for me.   I should really take all my info down though.

And I waste my time on Reddit these days.   That and my Vita.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 11, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »
Facebook Messenger is my primary mode of keeping in touch with people and arranging events so I'm basically always on it.

The website itself is pretty useless to me though. Messenger is basically MSN Messenger all over again which is all I really want out of social media.

Pretty much the same thing for me now. I have to stay on FB because of contacts and work.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 11, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »
I definitely used the messenger, but there were only a few people I talked to, and not that often anymore.

But man, I gotta say, if you sort of hate Facebook, getting off of it is great. It hasn't even been a week and I feel like a new man.