Author Topic: I call it pop spirituality.  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: I call it pop spirituality.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »
There was a great documentary series on TV a few years ago about this.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 02:05:06 PM »
Because I aim for contentment rather happiness (which is a temporary state), I die a little inside when I come across people like that. I see these pricks who go around pretending to be spiritual, much like the bourgeois upper class who preach religion when the lower classes get rowdy.

I don't recall who said it but "religion only exists so that the poor don't kill the rich." Or something to that effect. Corporate America is essentially playing to that ideology. Keep calm and let every cog in the machine do its part.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 05:51:52 PM »
tldr, but I think I get the gist. I believe in a lot of spiritual stuff, yoga and meditation amongst them, but it's ridiculous how those tools have been turned into this stupid hippy bullshit which somehow got popular in corporate sectors and amongst the Hollywood/LA crowds. It's obnoxious and I think has really hurt what those things are actually good for.

And I think Xessive is right on the money. Happiness is temporary, and contentment (within the self) is well worth aiming for. Which in a lot of ways seems like the opposite of what most of "these kinds" of people propose.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野