Author Topic: Gotham  (Read 4859 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Gotham
« on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Except for sports and Bob's Burgers/Family guy, I don't watch any major network tv shows. They're always predictable, lame and packed with filler. However, I decided to watch Gotham for some reason and I have to say I'm glad I did. Of course this show doesn't have the language or the violence of a cable network tv show, but its still quite gritty. The show isn't too preachy and is also set in a believable reality even though it takes place in the Batman universe. I also enjoy seeing some of the Batman villians when they were younger, only a few of them play any importance to the story and are just there for novelty.

The only thing I don't like about this show is the Bruce Wayne/Alfred storyline. Bruce comes off as whiny and I don't like the portrayal of Alfred, something about it just seems off. Alfred seems more like a thug than the loving, caring confidant of Batman. Luckily, it can be overlooked.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Gotham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 09, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
Catgirl likes to do dumb cat poses for no reason whenever shes on screen. But other than that its been a fun show.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
I thought Selina Kyle was perfectly cast.  That girl looks very much like a teenaged Michelle Pfeiffer (the best Catwoman), and her dancer background plays well into the feline limber moves.  She got me interested in the show, and there was an early episode about her, but then she just sort of dropped out of the picture except to do what idol mentioned now and then.  What a waste.

Totally agree about Alfred, Nick.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:34:41 PM »
Yeah shes cast well, it just seemed like they had her doing weird catwomany moves just to remind people who she is. Like when she slid down that car only to walk up behind a dude to take his wallet in broad daylight. A kid sneaking between cars people wont notice, a kid climbing ON cars is sorta noticeable.

Well after tonights episode and the promo for next week it looks like they are going to weave her into the storyline finally.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 07:28:31 AM »
I was worried that show would portray Alfred as a mere caretaker of Wayne Manor and soft-hearted nanny to Bruce. But I was pleasantly surprised that he has some tough moments with sometimes curt responses. In the comics (particularly the Earth One continuity), Alfred is relatively tough with Bruce, but cares for him like a surrogate father. It's analogous to a master/pupil relationship well into Bruce's early exploits as Batman.