Author Topic: NEW STAR WARS TRAILER FOR REALLLLLLL!  (Read 7663 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
NEW STAR WARS TRAILER FOR REALLLLLLL!
« on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: NEW STAR WARS TRAILER FOR REALLLLLLL!
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
Star Wars remains dead to me after all the crap they did to it. I just don't give a shit anymore.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
Thanks for contributing to this thread. :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »
What? That's my two cents on it, I'm not trying to troll the thread. They killed the franchise for me. I don't care who's directing the new film. The trailer looks pretty cool, but they thrashed the whole bloody IP so hard for me I can't even enjoy it anymore.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
I know, but you've given this opinion dozens of times before that's all. It isn't a new stance. I understand where you are coming from, of course, but it's nice to hear new things. I understand you, like other Star Wars fans, have lost interest in the franchise after the last three mediocre films, but we've talked about that many times.

Nice to hear what you thought of the teaser in the second comment.

I think J.J. Abrams is a splendid filmmaker and I loved the new Star Trek films even though they were less Star Trek and more Star Wars, which is why I think he was born to direct this film. Doesn't guarantee a great film, but still.

I also like how this film has a cast of lesser known yet talented actors continuing the tradition of Star Wars films. Though of course that's all for nothing if the script sucks.

I just think the script here needs to be very strong.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 12:40:54 PM »
As you say, there is some serious repair work to do on the franchise and anything less than absolute magic will not do.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 01:47:48 PM »
I don't recall having talked about it all that much. I'm not really even that big a Star Wars fan to begin with. Regardless, I was just trying to give the thread a comment.

Truth be told, it isn't the last three movies that killed it for me so much as it was those piled beneath the mountain of other crap. I just feel like they went off the deep end with all this Star Wars-branded stuff (90% of the games but for the few good ones, that god-awful Clone Wars cartoon, etc. etc.) and just ran the thing into the ground. It's a cool universe with neat stuff, but they cheapened it so much. Feels like the core elements of what made Star Wars cool got watered down to the point where it became a bit meaningless, which is a shame.

I didn't actually see the new Trek movies and don't know much about Abrams. The movies seemed way too flashy for Star Trek to me, so ... I won't say I avoided them per se, I just didn't go see them and haven't had any interest in rentals or whatever. I can't really get a sense of anything real from this trailer other than that the tone seems better than the new trilogy. Like maybe it might have some more grit. That would be a welcome change, as the last movies were so toothless.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »
It's obvious that Star Wars has been shit for a long time now. Having said that and Lucas is no longer at the helm, I will watch any teaser trailer or any future Star Wars endeavor with eager curiosity and extreme anticipation.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »
Yeah I enjoy the new Star Trek films but I find them lacking the sense of wonder and exploration that to me is what Star Trek is really about.

That new lightsaber looks odd to me. Like a claymore.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
Yeah I enjoy the new Star Trek films but I find them lacking the sense of wonder and exploration that to me is what Star Trek is really about.

That new lightsaber looks odd to me. Like a claymore.

My favorite Star Trek movie is and always will be the Undiscovered Country. After that I loved the new ones, even the Wrath of Khan remake. They aren't perfect, but a great piece of entertainment regardless. 

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »
Yeah they are entertaining. I just find the spirit of the franchise somewhat lacking.

The scene where Spock, Kirk, and Khan are facing off while Khan is a prisoner is just amazing. All three of those actors have such a presence you can just feel it on screen.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »
Yeah they are entertaining. I just find the spirit of the franchise somewhat lacking.

The scene where Spock, Kirk, and Khan are facing off while Khan is a prisoner is just amazing. All three of those actors have such a presence you can just feel it on screen.

Completely agree, maybe there is just less confirmation or awareness of that universe in general in those movies. That scene though in Into Darkness was pretty incredible.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
I really liked the trailer but can we talk about how retarded that light saber design is?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re:
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »
I watched the trailer with a huge grin on my face. I especially loved the scene with the X-wings.

I'm optimistic of the film. I thought what Abrams did with Star Trek was amazing am I'm sure he'll make this franchise fun and exciting as well.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »
haha yes it looks like a claymore. I guess with all those hands being chopped off the Jedi needed protection. I personally don't like it. It lacks elegance.

Yeah I agree Scottws, but apparently he's only doing the first film. Rian Johnson (Blooper) is doing the second and writing the script.

My biggest cause for optimism is that all three scripts for the new films will be co-written by Lawrence Kasdan, who is credited with many of the great ideas we saw in the original trilogy.

Verge talks about the new lightsaber:

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2014/11/28/7302383/lets-talk-about-the-new-lightsaber-ouch-hands
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 02:26:42 AM by Pugnate »

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 01:24:09 AM »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 02:03:06 AM »
hahaha yeah that's all over Twitter and Facebook.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:07:54 PM »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
Yeah I agree Scottws, but apparently he's only doing the first film. Rian Johnson (Blooper) is doing the second and writing the script.
I'm torn on this.  I thought Abrams did an amazing job with Star Trek and love both of the movies he did.  When I heard Disney convinced him to do this movie, I was kind of sad for Star Trek because it will require either another director for the next movie or a significant delay while he does this one until he can get to the next one.  At the same time, I'm not even really a Star Trek fan at all while I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

I suppose in the end I'd prefer him to do all the Star Wars movies at the expense of Star Trek.

Pretty sweet fan art posters.
The art itself is really good, but as movie posters I only really liked the second and fourth.  The first one is just a bunch of random stuff from the teaser.  I'm surprised that the rolling droid, X-wings, and TIE Fighters aren't on there somewhere.  The third one, while really well done, evokes the notion that the Sith (?) guy is going to do battle against some omnipresent stormtrooper menace/villain.  I doubt that's the case.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re:
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
I thought the Lucas Special Edition trailer was hillarious

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
I actually came to post that trailer minutes after W7RE had already posted it. :D Yeah it was funny.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 06, 2014, 12:31:41 AM »
As cool as the new trailer is... it has been made better:

http://www.ytpak.com/?component=video&task=view&id=sMcAEn-jQuQ

Had a silly grin on my face.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:45:06 AM »
So, anyone see the new trailer?

https://youtu.be/sGbxmsDFVnE

I was kind of disappointed with the first half, but the second half was pretty exciting to watch.  I'm torn on the villains.  They very clearly want another Darth Vader type of character what with the altered voice, mask, capes, and whatnot.  I find myself wishing it had more of an original villain design, but honestly I can't think of anything off the top of my head other than perhaps a Darth Maul design.  That would have been perfect had they not already used it in SW:TPM.

Then again, I haven't seen this movie, obviously, so maybe it will be better in the full film.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:47:11 AM »
Yeah disappointed by some elements. Disappointed with the rumors of the ridiculous cliched ending which sounds like it is parodying itself.

But cool overall.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
Yeah disappointed by some elements. Disappointed with the rumors of the ridiculous cliched ending which sounds like it is parodying itself.

But cool overall.
I haven't been following the movie very much on purpose.  Other than the trailers, I want to go in with a pretty blank slate.  That said, the tickets I bought are on Tuesday, 12/22, so it is going to be hard to tune everything out.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 07:33:53 PM »
I'm interested. I liked what Abrams did with Star Trek. :)

Offline ender

« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 07:22:44 AM »
I hated the prequels. So much that I never watched the original films again. Now with this coming out, I'm pretty excited about it. I finally watched the originals again and forgot how much I loved them. Never thought I would be excited about Star Wars again, but I am. I think these are going to be a blast.

Because of the pre-sale madness, I could only get tickets for December 17th in deep, deep Brooklyn in a heavily Russian ethnic neighborhood. Going to be a really weird viewing experience. My friends are talking about dressing up... so if I end up dressing up as a Jedi I will be sure to post some photos :)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 08:01:01 AM »
I bought tickets to this on the second night, because fuck driving far to get a seat or going at some weird time.   I then realized that I probably have an annual party to go to that night so I bought another set of four tickets to a matinee the next day, just in case.  I don't know if I can transfer or sell the tickets I have since it's a code and I don't really care.

Obviously, I'm kinda excited.

Offline ender

« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »
I am sure you could sell the tickets on Stub Hub or some place like that.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
I've been watching the animated series (Clone Wars) on Netflix and it's converted me from someone who was meh on Star Wars to a huge fan who has watched the trailer ten times.