Author Topic: BBC's Sherlock  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
BBC's Sherlock
« on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
Is no one watching this show here? It isn't bad. Some seem to love it actually. I am OK with it, and it certainly has its moments. Worth a watch.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: BBC's Sherlock
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:24:50 AM »
Dude, the show is awesome.

Still waiting on Series 4. The word so far is that a special will be airing in Jan 2015.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 07:12:40 AM »
I really want to get into it and just haven't found the time for more TV. I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, though (as in the written material), so I'll get to it eventually. I've heard almost nothing but high praise for it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »
I've been frequenting the local library more and they had all 3 seasons of this to check out, which I did. Its awesome, you all should watch it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 11:57:30 PM »
It's one of my favourite shows currently.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »
I've been frequenting the local library more and they had all 3 seasons of this to check out, which I did. Its awesome, you all should watch it.

Hmm.  I'm always on the lookout for good shows to watch.  Thanks for reminding me about this one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:03:50 AM »
I started watching it, and Heather and I finished the first season. It was pretty good. I don't know that I think it's nearly as good as I'd been led to believe, and a quick preview of season 2 had me groaning (oh of course we need to make Irene Adler a dominatrix ... that makes total sense. Christ. When is the public fascination with BDSM going to fucking die off already? It's so overused and cliched and boring), but it's a pretty good show, and kind of a fun romp through assorted Sherlockian nonsense. I enjoy the little references to the original material, though they're generally quite small. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, so on some levels I've been fairly impressed, on others somewhat disappointed.

Bear in mind I'm a big fan of all things Sherlock and have been for years. I've read all the original stories two or three times over, and own some other spin-off material using the characters and style. I actually really enjoyed the Guy Ritchie movies for being as different and fun as they were. Robert Downey Jr. was just perfect. So I do like this show, but not as much as I was hoping to.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 04:31:12 AM »
I agree. It's OK. I actually think American shows are significantly better when it comes to these types. Lots of groan worthy moments in it even though its an OK show.