Author Topic: Oh wow, I think I have shingles  (Read 2694 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Oh wow, I think I have shingles
« on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 03:28:22 AM »
The other morning I woke with this stinging feeling under my arm, I checked it and found a rash. I thought it was chafing, but was confused for awhile because who the fuck has chafing under their arm ever unless they pitch softball which I don't. I've been working on my buddies house last week but I finished that so I guess I'll try not to exert much physical activity from now on. Then later on that evening I was experiencing the back pain I had been feeling for just a couple days (again thinking it was from the house work), then I noted that the back pain was on the left side, the same side as my rash. It then hit me when I also started feeling sore on spots on my left arm, the wrist, and left side of the palm, yup, this is probably shingles.

It's pretty common, obviously if you had chicken pox ever, but I didn't think it would come up till I got older. However so far it seems to be pretty mild (also common if under age 50). It hurts the most under the arm where that shitty rash is, which is pretty small compared to the nightmare google image search I looked at. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse than this, the pain hasn't gotten much more acute for the past couple hours so I think I can easily deal with it. It is very rare for a shingles attack to happen more than once, so yea, glad to get this out of the way.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Oh wow, I think I have shingles
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 04:08:28 AM »
I Googled it and it seems really painful and unpleasant. I hope you are doing better. Maybe a doctor can provide some pain relief.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
ugh, that sucks.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »
Man, that's miserable. Feel better soon, dude. I had chicken pox as a kid, and my mom had a really nasty bout with shingles a year or so ago.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
That sucks. My grandfather got them really bad when he was in his late 50s and he looked miserable during it.  If it gets any worse you should go to the doctor if you can.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
Damn.  One more plague on humanity.  Sorry it struck you, man.  I hope you get better soon.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
That sucks!  But like chicken pox, it's probably better to get it out the way as young as possible.

How long does it last?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
It can range to several days to weeks. I don't think mine should last long since as I mentioned, it's not a severe case.