Author Topic: Resident Evil 2 Remake announced  (Read 5020 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Resident Evil 2 Remake announced
« on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake announced
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »
Clicked the YouTube link. I'm disappointed it's just a dude standing in front of a logo talking. I wanted to see how it looked, if it was fixed angles like the original or player-controlled camera, and how good the graphics are.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »
That's great! The game turned out super good, from what I've seen, but I haven't had any desire to play an RE game in a while.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
This was an awesome game - I recently picked up a new PC so this was the first game I picked up on Steam as it was also on sale.  Having never played RE2 before, I really enjoyed the game and would highly recommend it.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 08:50:38 PM »
I'll check it out.   I briefly got into RE2 on the Playstation but the tank controls and resource management were not for me at the time.  This seems a lot more palpable.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
So the tank controls and awkward camera angles have been resolved - this is much more like RE4, with an over-the-shoulder camera.

Inventory and resource management is still something that takes place though.  I don't believe there is enough ammunition to kill all of the enemies so you do have to pick and choose what enemies you will fight and what sections you will decide just to run away.  All part of the tension and game mechanics.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 04, 2022, 06:46:15 AM »
RE2R and RE3R - RT Patch Talk.

SOME THOUGHTS = 06-15-2022.
Checked out the Upgrade patches for Resident Evil 2 Remake & RE 3 Remake. Some thoughts.

My specs are as follows on my desktop: i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; 8gb VRAM on RTX 3070; 1TB SSD; 2TB HDD.

Performance can be a total mess, if you try to push it. The game already could eat up a lot of VRAM without RT before-hand, but it's even more demanding now if you have RT and stick that on. You're going to want likely around 12-14GB of VRAM to max these games out at every setting, even at 1080p - so yes, this is now even more of a VRAM hog than WD: Legion, for crying out loud. Unreal.

Sticking most stuff at High on 1080p with FSR On at Quality Mode - BTW, DLSS is NOT supported w/ this patch. Also threw on a 60fps lock ad turned off Shadow Cache, which those two altogether were able to stop the performance instability; roller-coaster-like & huge performance drops & rises; micro-stutters; and annoying problems of that sort.

Of course, it ran fine w/ RT Off on my system - and for many, that still might be the way to go if you want high framerates above 60fps.

Good luck w/ this patch, for those trying to run this; especially w/ RT On.

MORE THOUGHTS = 06-16-2022:
I don't know why Capcom thought it was smart to release a RT-Upgrade Patch, force it on all Steam-users, all here without any sort of fallback back for the Non-RT versions. The system requirements b/t those versions are MUCH different - and the changes are HUGE here.

And RT games ain't the easiest to run either - they're VERY demanding, even w/ RT hardware.

Even for me w/ RT-hardware here, it took be quite a bit to get RE2R & RE3R w/ the new RT-Patch running even well on a RTX 3070 with 8GB VRAM. About an hour or so at least of messing around & testing. This patch is a resource hog & I'd need 12-14GB VRAM to run this stuff properly at max settings - this is more brutal than WD: Legion (which wants around 10-11 GB VRAM) at max. I had to do all kinds of stuff to get it to a stable 60fps.

The old versions w/ No RT - could easily get RE2R Old-version at 100fps+. Old version runs fantastic.

At least they (Capcom) listened, brought back old Non-RT versions for all 3 games & let people be able to get the old-version; you just have to dig into your Steam Library options for each game and find it over in BETA section.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 04, 2022, 06:50:21 AM »
QUICK THOUGHTS / INTRO = 06-26-2022.
Just finished-up Resident Evil 2 (Remake) [2019]. Took me around 14.2 hours to finish Leon's Campaign. This game was nothing short of awesome & obviously is the Standard Bearer and Gold Standard on how to do a Remake. It's nothing short of great. With Ray-Tracing On, all provided that you have the system & power to actually handle this and that can get it running worthwhile for yourself and at a framerate you're fine with - yeah, this game looks fantastic. Me, well...I got it to 60fps at 1080p somehow at mostly High settings on my desktop PC (loaded with an i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; RTX 3070 with 8 GB VRAM; 1 TB SSD; 2 TB HDD; W10 x64), thankfully. Out-standing game that's basically namely "All Killer, No Filler."