Author Topic: Please stop your next president  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Please stop your next president
« on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 04:54:08 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/china-trump-one-china-reaction/index.html

Also, China flew a nuclear bomber across the sea as a show of strength.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Please stop your next president
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »
I'm having a hard time believing he won't do something so blatantly wrong that congress will have no choice but to impeach him. He has zero self control.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 12, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »
He's used to being a smart, strong-arming business executive.  One thing he doesn't seem to realize is that, in world politics, the people on the other side of "the boardroom" can actually decide to kill you and all the people you represent and they absolutely have the means to do so.  Nuclear escalation is a thing we've seen before and unless someone blinks, the world dies.

The Presidency and DT are just not a good fit.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 05:31:31 AM »
Anyone can decide to point a gun at his own head and pull the trigger.  Sane people never do that.  Only crazies and zealots do.  Deciding to kill all of us is deciding to kill all of themselves too.

Someone was going to blink in '62.  It didn't have to be Khrushchev.  But it was, and the nuclear missiles getting deployed 90 miles away went away.  You can't be a world leader by being a pussy.  The atom has been split.  That's the way it goes. Doesn't mean we have to duck and cover every time some tyrant tries to push us around.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 07:30:48 AM »
All I'm saying is that they stakes are much, much higher than anything he's ever been involved in before.  And it's not just nukes, it's the country's and the world's economy.  Not just the financial welfare his own and one or a few other business entities.