Games > General Gaming

Resident Evil 7

(1/3) > >>

PyroMenace:
Looks like Capcom took note what Konami was going to do with that cancelled Silent Hill game in the PT demo that was really popular, because it's straight up almost exactly what it feels like. I'm glad somebody at least is making it because that was a really nice looking and immersive horror experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjJJnMFvYs&t

Quemaqua:
I'm still skeptical, because I don't think an RE game is capable of doing the same things an SH game is doing (I mean literally due to limitations of the fiction), and while I definitely see the comparisons, ultimately I don't think this is what a game based on PT would have been like, but I watched some extended footage I hadn't seen yet, and I have to say this looks like far and away the most interesting RE game to me since 4. I'm interested in seeing what it ultimately turns out to be. The stuff I saw didn't feel very classically RE, which in this case is a good thing. I think the formula needs a severe shakeup, so this could be it.

Cobra951:
I saw a demo on this advertised on the Xbox.  I guess I'll give it a go.  I'm not a big RE fan, though.

iPPi:
I saw some footage of this game and it looks pretty good.  It definitely doesn't look like a Resident Evil game though.  I might end up picking it up once it's down to a reasonable price (i.e., $4.99).

Xessive:
It's a good game, undoubtedly, but it's no Resident Evil. I'm a couple of hours in and I can confirm it has nothing to do with Resident Evil. They might throw in some references to keep it somehow related to the IP but as a game it has no relation whatsoever. It may as well have been called "Outlast 3" or "The Evil Within 2."

I guess it will all make sense after I finish it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version